News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

X-Fuzz, the fuzz you make when you hate fuzz

Started by Willybomb, September 28, 2022, 09:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's my X-Fuzz on vero.  I'm not a fuzz fan at all, but this thing rips.  Tayda drilled, powder coated, and UV printed.

Willy.

harryklippton

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Jay.lingelbach

Made one of these since I'm also not a giant fuzz fan. It's really nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimilee

Glad to see you were able to fit it into a 125b. Bwahahahaha it looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Quote from: jimilee on October 09, 2022, 09:30:17 PM
Glad to see you were able to fit it into a 125b. Bwahahahaha it looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done a lot of vero lately, it's a bit wierd.

QuoteMade one of these since I'm also not a giant fuzz fan. It's really nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

No probs.

jessenator

Okay the "fuzz for people who don't like fuzz" angle is selling me. Just hope love got enough Vero (and parts...) to make one!

Willybomb

Quote from: jessenator on October 11, 2022, 06:04:10 AM
Okay the "fuzz for people who don't like fuzz" angle is selling me. Just hope love got enough Vero (and parts...) to make one!

It's kinda on the small side, so you don't need much!

jessenator

Quote from: Willybomb on October 11, 2022, 11:43:41 AM
It's kinda on the small side, so you don't need much!

Nice! I think I've got a 470n and a 1M pot in the parts drawers, and i know I've got everything else.

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

Dumb question: do different colored and sized LEDs  have enough difference to effect the tone??

They say 5mm yellow LEDs on the doc, and I have them, but just wondered.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jessenator on October 11, 2022, 05:30:58 PM
Dumb question: do different colored and sized LEDs  have enough difference to effect the tone??

They say 5mm yellow LEDs on the doc, and I have them, but just wondered.

I have not seen a difference in tolerance of Fv in different size leds, but the color will definitely make a difference in Fv. when used as clippers then yes the change to character and openness of the the drive or circuit they are in. If used as part of a vactrol (ledr), then different colors will correspond to different wavelengths of color and react differently with the ledr and it's on/off specs.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 11, 2022, 06:09:46 PM
…the color will definitely make a difference in Fv. when used as clippers then yes the change to character and openness of the the drive or circuit they are in.

Good to know! Thanks.

Willybomb, did you experiment at all with the LEDs on your build before you committed (I saw you had 5mm yellows), or just build it by the book from go?

Willybomb

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 11, 2022, 03:23:32 PM
Tight build, what's it based on?

It's Dead Astronaut's original schematic.  Robert demos the breadboard here:

QuoteDumb question: do different colored and sized LEDs  have enough difference to effect the tone??

I haven't tried it but there's a version called "X-rock" that uses red.

Invertiguy

Excellent work, I love the graphics! I just might have to pull out some vero and throw one together myself!
Doomsday Devices