News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wow, I actually worked on some pedals!

Started by diablochris6, October 03, 2022, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

It's been a while! I walked the dark path of guitar building and practically forgot that I enjoy building pedals too! I finally got around to put the finishing touches on some completed PCBs in my pile.

First up are the delays. One is Madbean's Total Recall, and the other is lectricfx's DC Echo. Both are incredible sounding delays, and I kept with my Brainy Ape/Planet of the Apes motif. The small delay is an old Madbean Dirtbag Delay...sort of...it was after Brian stopped making them and I was trying to teach myself Eagle, so I cloned the whole board! I had more spare time and energy back in the day, haha!

The other two are fuzzes. The Snafuzz is a rehouse of an older pedal I had and is based off the Clusterfuzz. The Sinister Calculus is an old version of Mask Audio Electronic's Black Math. Alec is a really cool guy, and I ended up with one of his PCBs as he was transitioning to SMD. The Black Math is pretty much a NY reissue Muff with an added boost stage and snazzy relay switching. Gnarly stuff! I tried to pay homage to his original enclosure work on this one.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Welcome back! Those are fantastic builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.