News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cardinal Tremolo

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 18, 2022, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Wish this was available again so others could build it. This is THE diy tremolo pedal IMO. Just so many great sounds. Perfectly match the jfets and LEDs. The harmonic is fantastic but I usually just use it in standard mode.
   The enclosure is a red UV printed tayda. I tried to do a stylized minimalist design that was different from my normal designs, and I think it turned out ok. If you ever see a board pop up used or it gets reissued jump on it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

BryGuy

Design came out nice. Never ordered from 1776 that I remember but looks like have closed up shop, too bad. Build docs are still up though so wouldn't be to hard to replicate. Wonder if they have some existing inventory they might be interested in dumping out for someone else to sell.

Sound pretty good though from what you are saying. Just picked up a moonshot from Pedalpcb but not sure when I'll get to it. You should do an audio demo.

midwayfair

Quote from: BryGuy on September 18, 2022, 06:59:35 PM
Design came out nice. Never ordered from 1776 that I remember but looks like have closed up shop, too bad. Build docs are still up though so wouldn't be to hard to replicate. Wonder if they have some existing inventory they might be interested in dumping out for someone else to sell.

Sound pretty good though from what you are saying. Just picked up a moonshot from Pedalpcb but not sure when I'll get to it. You should do an audio demo.

Josh and I have talked about it and fairly recently. Six months ago he wasn't ready to call the store permanently closed.

There are a couple sound demos on my site, but this is a good example of the harmonic mode being used in a song (this was the tap tempo build but it's really not much different):
https://baltimericana.bandcamp.com/track/oh-honey-tell-me-youll-get-out-of-there

Oh and stacked to make a better chorus:
http://youtu.be/0ABRdxglJuk

And on the chorus of this song:
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/midwayfair/hold-tight?si=1fc24506592047eea35599dcec782061[/soundcloud]

I was a little surprised to find that I didn't use it at all during the last two February Album Writing Months.

zombie_rock123

Man you nailed stylised! Looks stunning, getting a WWII-era propaganda poster feel from it and I bloody love it. Aesthetically different but definitely TWS.

Midwayfair that video is super cool, I'd never thought of stacking for anything other than as you said, getting a thicker sound.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Bio77

I rally dig this graphic, looks really sharp!  Clean build as always, Chris  8)

blackhatboojum

As usual... damn nice looking build!

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: BryGuy on September 18, 2022, 06:59:35 PM

Thanks. The moon shot is a stripped down tremulous moon. IMO it's not using an ideal led/ldr combo and as a result it's not as good sounding as many of the other variations of that circuit available. Perhaps I will sit down and do a sound clip.

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on September 18, 2022, 08:57:43 PM
Man you nailed stylised! Looks stunning, getting a WWII-era propaganda poster feel from it and I bloody love it. Aesthetically different but definitely TWS.

Thank you. I wanted to go back to my early style of simple black silhouettes while incorporating some new elements with the text. The image is actually from the end credits of captain america: the winter soldier and I liked it so much I had to use it while adding some flare.

Quote from: Bio77 on September 18, 2022, 09:31:08 PM
I rally dig this graphic, looks really sharp!  Clean build as always, Chris  8)

Thanks John, it's not as cool as your stuff but I try.

Quote from: blackhatboojum on September 19, 2022, 12:42:01 AM
As usual... damn nice looking build!

Thanks dude, I would have given the story of Sam Wilson but I couldn't do it justice like you.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Paradox916

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peccary

That's one hot lookin' pedal.

Great work as usual, dude.

jimilee

It's a damn nice sounding pedal, especially with a dirt pedal in front of it.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

The aesthetic here is seriously working for me! I hope these come back one day too.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Paradox916 on September 19, 2022, 07:57:12 PM

Quote from: peccary on September 19, 2022, 09:43:43 PM
That's one hot lookin' pedal.

Great work as usual, dude.

Thanks Joe, still waiting to see some new TNG designs.

Quote from: Bret608 on September 23, 2022, 12:35:30 PM
The aesthetic here is seriously working for me! I hope these come back one day too.

Thanks, I'm trying to mix things up design wise and I'm pretty stoked on how this came out. I'm really hoping this project sees the light of day again 🤞🤞🤞 it's too good to not be available especially to new builders.
Who the hell is Bucky?

BryGuy

Decided to do my own board since these aren't available.