News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chaos Agent (horizontal layout)

Started by EBK, October 16, 2022, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

This is my build of the Chaos Agent.  I am happy to be able to post a working build after my last setback (still debugging that Naughty Fish).  I may add some more paint pen to the enclosure eventually if I can think of a name or anything to draw.

Jimilee inspired me with his recent builds to use a white pen on this. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on October 16, 2022, 07:07:45 PM
This is my build of the Chaos Agent.  I am happy to be able to post a working build after my last setback (still debugging that Naughty Fish).  I may add some more paint pen to the enclosure eventually if I can think of a name or anything to draw.

Jimilee inspired me with his recent builds to use a white pen on this.
[emoji1787] I just got tired of the the whole decal process for a a while, and I don't want to take the time to do it.  Looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Quote from: jimilee on October 17, 2022, 07:33:31 AM
I just got tired of the the whole decal process for a a while, and I don't want to take the time to do it. 

It's quite freeing, tossing fancy labeling out of the way (this build is for me to play around with anyway).  I had this candy teal enclosure for quite awhile, not knowing what to do with it.  I didn't want to mess it up poorly applied clear coat.  Paint markers were the answer I didn't know I was looking for. Sometimes simplicity is inspiring.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

I reserve the right to change my mind on this design (with acrylic paint pens, it is easy), but I added a name, and I will see if it grows on me.

gordo

I like that a lot.  Plus the color on the box is stupid pretty.  I write like a 4 year old so my lettering leaves a LOT to be desired.  You've even got your sig logo in there, very nice.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Thanks!
The box is candy teal from smallbear, by the way.  I don't know if they'll ever get them back in stock.
https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/b-size-translucent-finish/

EBK

For posterity (and in case I lose my notes):
I used 2N2222A transistors (different from the ones in the original gut shot).  They measured:
Q1 = 96
Q2 = 145
Q3 = 210

Jay.lingelbach

Quote from: EBK on October 18, 2022, 08:32:51 AM
For posterity (and in case I lose my notes):
I used 2N2222A transistors (different from the ones in the original gut shot).  They measured:
Q1 = 96
Q2 = 145
Q3 = 210
I like using google notes or sheets for an extra level of backup for my notes. Free and will "always" be there. Plus. I lose stuff a ton lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Invertiguy

Damn, that thing looks super clean! The hand-drawn lettering really matches the vibe of the originals, and the white paint really pops against that beautiful teal enclosure. I wish my handwriting was half as good as yours! Excellent work!
Doomsday Devices

EBK

Thanks!  That writing took lots of touch-up and revision.  It is easy to correct/tweak acrylic paint pen with either alcohol or a hobby knife.