News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Basic PT2399 Delay PCB

Started by karter2000, October 20, 2022, 01:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karter2000

Hi all,

I got a few PT2399's years ago, but never really used them.  I'm looking for a PCB for a basic PT2399 delay, so that I can try them out, as well as experiment with the various mods available (modulation, tape stop effect posted in this forum, tap tempo, etc).

Thanks!

benny_profane

Rather than building up a pcb, why not breadboard a circuit? It'd be much easier to try out mods.

jessenator

I've been looking for a simple circuit for testing out other features as well. I scoured TagboardEffects blog for delays and Madbean's own Cave Dweller showed up there, and is on the smaller side. There's the Crap-Fi / Ersatz Verben psuedo reverb circuits on the smaller board side as well.

I'm looking forward to my breadboard arriving this weekend to test the Cave Dweller out.

jimilee

The cave dweller was my first delay and live on my board the whole time I was gigging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cspar

I haven't built a Cave Dweller but I have built a Ersatz Verben and found it to be a really good slapback for a simple build and works well for me.

There's a lot of to be learned about getting different features out of PT2399 delays by reviewing Brian's Zero Point versions.

Each version brings a little something different to the table. It's altogether the best series study by schematic of a working with a PT2399 that's out there and can provide a ton of inspiration for breadboarding IMHO.

That Brian put the designs all in one zip seemingly so the community can recognize it as the study that it is a great boon. Thank you Madbeans.

Here's a link to the zip in the archive.
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/archives/Delay/ZeroPoint.zip

I don't know if there is any plans of offering a ZeroPoint in the future as a part of the reissues that I've read Brian hinting at but I'd personally love to see an offering of the SDX2 boards.

jimilee

Quote from: cspar on October 23, 2022, 07:13:06 AM
I haven't built a Cave Dweller but I have built a Ersatz Verben and found it to be a really good slapback for a simple build and works well for me.

There's a lot of to be learned about getting different features out of PT2399 delays by reviewing Brian's Zero Point versions.

Each version brings a little something different to the table. It's altogether the best series study by schematic of a working with a PT2399 that's out there and can provide a ton of inspiration for breadboarding IMHO.

That Brian put the designs all in one zip seemingly so the community can recognize it as the study that it is a great boon. Thank you Madbeans.

Here's a link to the zip in the archive.
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/archives/Delay/ZeroPoint.zip

I don't know if there is any plans of offering a ZeroPoint in the future as a part of the reissues that I've read Brian hinting at but I'd personally love to see an offering of the SDX2 boards.

Oh yeah, the SDX is an awesome delay unit. The Zeropoint DD was a little more practical, and pedal board friendly. Both are definitely build worthy if they ever make a comeback.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Fatknuckle

I've built a couple of the Cave Dweller versions, some with mods and tweeks.  It is one of my favorites to build and play.  I even have one with dual time pots a.l.a the Triton.