News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VIIB

Started by Thewintersoldier, November 23, 2022, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Here is this week's build reports, albeit a few days early in honor of the American holiday of Thanksgiving where we lie to ourselves about the pilgrims and native Americans playing nice in the sandbox after landing on fragle rock [emoji58]. So here is my next entry in the BOSS tribute.
I gotta give props to ppcb for his implementation of the momentary ramp feature. Having built the byoc version, like the original boss pedal, it is not intuitive to have to choose between ramp and normal operation. This is smooth as silk and elevates the pedal to something that can be a mainstay on a pedalboard and not just an occasionally used effect.
The build is simple enough to put together as the boards require no low profile electros or special components, again fantastic design choice. Calibration was easy. I set the clock frequency to 120khz. If using a metal bezel like I did then ream out the plastic led holder to accommodate the common cathode red/green led. I went with a blue tayda enclosure with Daisy Johnson aka quake. I used some tricks I learned from Nick aka SYLV9ST9R for stacking and merging images to make it look like she's walking over the VIIB text. Sounds fantastic and gives a lovey movement to clean playing when used subtly and the ramp is great for faux vibrato bar wiggle. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Wait, you're saying the pilgrims and the indigenous folks weren't buddies?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on November 23, 2022, 07:50:42 AM
Wait, you're saying the pilgrims and the indigenous folks weren't buddies?
Not after the "incident" with the blankets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on November 23, 2022, 07:22:27 AM
Here is this week's build reports, albeit a few days early in honor of the American holiday of Thanksgiving where we lie to ourselves about the pilgrims and native Americans playing nice in the sandbox after landing on fragle rock [emoji58]. So here is my next entry in the BOSS tribute.
I gotta give props to ppcb for his implementation of the momentary ramp feature. Having built the byoc version, like the original boss pedal, it is not intuitive to have to choose between ramp and normal operation. This is smooth as silk and elevates the pedal to something that can be a mainstay on a pedalboard and not just an occasionally used effect.
The build is simple enough to put together as the boards require no low profile electros or special components, again fantastic design choice. Calibration was easy. I set the clock frequency to 120khz. If using a metal bezel like I did then ream out the plastic led holder to accommodate the common cathode red/green led. I went with a blue tayda enclosure with Daisy Johnson aka quake. I used some tricks I learned from Nick aka SYLV9ST9R for stacking and merging images to make it look like she's walking over the VIIB text. Sounds fantastic and gives a lovey movement to clean playing when used subtly and the ramp is great for faux vibrato bar wiggle. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
That is just straight up killer man, nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zombie_rock123

Fantastic work, great touch with the image and the text! I love learning things like that in Inkscape, when I found out about offset paths it was a game-changer for text.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Bio77

Fantastic build, Chris! 

I agree, the soft touch implementation on this one is so nice.  That and the 13700 switch makes this the best version of this circuit I've seen. My fave PPCB circuit.

blackhatboojum

Excellent looking build! 
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.