News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

faultline

Started by G.G., August 09, 2010, 08:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

I got this one built and have been using it for a couple weeks now.  It really sounds nice.  Just a really great low-gain distortion, breaks up so good without being harsh, and definitely has what it takes when the gain is cranked up. Tone controls are voiced really well, too. The board quality & layout are great, and the build instructions, drilling template, etc., were very clear and helpful.  The only difficulty I had, which may have been a result of my drilling accuracy more than anything, was was that the in/out jacks and switch could have been moved down slightly to make the board a less tight fit. Bottom line tho, great sound. Here are some pix:

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

that finish looks awesome! I like your build out too. what kind of caps are those for c1 and c2? they look cool.

G.G.

The enclosure is from PPP in their Silver Vein finish. I like the way it looks and it seems pretty durable.  Those caps are some that I rescued from an old dead Ibanez Soundtank pedal.  They look very similar to these but with light grey lettering:

http://www.forrestwhitesides.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=79

madbean

I have a bunch of the copper-tone ones in that texture finish. They are pretty heavy duty. I really like the silver one, too.