News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dan Boost BC108 PTP Boost

Started by jjjimi84, December 05, 2022, 04:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my point to point boost build report and play through. I love this pedal for when I want that kind of screaming Super Reverb sound but just through my Allen Accomplice. It hammers the front end of the amp and is really biting and cleans up beautifully. I built a Dam Red Rooster boost, I believe, on a breadboard and started swapping things around tinkering around with it using my SG and this was the end result. I wanted a way to try and use up this bag of 200 BC 108s I have had forever, so I thought it would be really cool to try to come up with a simple boost and then pair it with a great BC108 fuzz and make a dual pedal. That pedal is built and in this video and could not have happened without Cooder, I will be filming a video on that soon.

https://youtu.be/18ieK7VOocw

Here is the schematic;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mnunvodraip99l/Dan%20Boost.pdf?dl=0

jimilee

Nice job as always Dan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

Looks great—especially the angry transistor. How did you go about planning your layout?

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on December 05, 2022, 07:39:15 PM
Nice job as always Dan!

Thanks mate! I appreciate it!

Quote from: Aleph Null on December 05, 2022, 08:24:38 PM
Looks great—especially the angry transistor. How did you go about planning your layout?

I pot in the pots and switch and the power jack and ran the wires through the holes and wired up the switch. From there I just went for it starting at the power jack and bent the components as I went and soldered them in. Its such a basic boost that it was pretty easy to do. The update version with a bias trimmer and three diodes would be a bit more involved.

gordo

That's just bat shit crazy cool.  I may have to throw in the towel if I have to start thinking in 3 dimensions 😉
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

blackhatboojum

Your point to point is tight and that art is awesome! 
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jessenator

That is sweet! I love the 3D pipes screensaver vibe going on with the guts :D

Bio77

Man, that thing is sweet!  8)  Killer build and great video, Dan. 

jjjimi84

Thank you all very much, it really wasn't to challenging to build. I think every one should try it just once.

God damn the pusher man