News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fraudhacker flanger released

Started by madbean, August 20, 2022, 08:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: GregTurrigenous on December 19, 2022, 08:01:48 PM
The Fraudhacker is my first MB pedal, and it's sounding glorious!

Only thing not great is the LED isn't working. The instructions say the first batch has the issue with being permanently partially lit, and I soldered the negative lead to the footswitch as per said instructions. I know I need to look under the hood and make sure I did it right so I'm not yet looking for toubleshooting help, BUT: are we still on the first batch of PCBs, or can I now solder both LED leads to the PCB?

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Funny you bring this up because I am pretty certain now that this was not a problem with the PCB but with my particular batch of LEDs. I bought some cheap blue LEDs off Amazon a while back and I've had this issue of them not turning off across a few builds now. So, I think it's fine to just solder LEDs to the Fraudhacker and not do the workaround I suggested. It's these friggin crappy LEDs I bought causing problems on my end.

I'll update the build doc to remove the "fix" since I think it is not necessary.

GregTurrigenous

Good to know!

Found my issue (didn't fully solder ground wire in the switch), but now if I get tired of this color it'll be an easy fix. Thanks!