Aion Blueshift

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 02, 2023, 11:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox916

Sooo clean [emoji140]  [emoji140]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on January 03, 2023, 08:49:39 AM
Always enjoy seeing a WS build report in the morning, great start to the day! 

Really strong work, Chris. It's immaculate.

Quote from: Paradox916 on January 04, 2023, 06:53:45 PM

Sooo clean [emoji140]  [emoji140]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys, I always enjoy seeing what you guys put out!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

Let me back everyone else up here, this is amazing! Two quick questions: 1) Which bypass scheme did you end up going with? and 2) Does is work alright with dirt in front of it? Those have been on my mind in considering whether to take this on. The VB-2 has been on the brain as well.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bret608 on January 05, 2023, 05:43:16 AM
Let me back everyone else up here, this is amazing! Two quick questions: 1) Which bypass scheme did you end up going with? and 2) Does is work alright with dirt in front of it? Those have been on my mind in considering whether to take this on. The VB-2 has been on the brain as well.
Thanks, I went with the minimalist bypass. I didn't want my signal to go thru the emphasis and deemphasis filters at all times, minimal was as close to TB as possible. I think it sounds great with dirt in front of it. While not a huge Candlebox fan when they came out, I can get that cool left behind sound, and I dig that tone. I'm talking distortion though, rat and marshally type drive. Fuzz...ymmv lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

I hear you on that! VFE Distortion 3 through chorus is what I was picturing. Love mine through my Pork Barrel; can't wait to hear it through the CS-9. This might get added to the list.  ;)

czapa tranzystor 2

I bought pcb in 2017, and the boards are empty. Very clean construction, I admire it.

Philthy

The Blueshift is a rite of passage build no doubt.

Built it and you can move to SMD😀