News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Sea Urchin

Started by Battery Acid, December 30, 2011, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battery Acid

After a lot of trouble debugging this little mother fucker (and finding out that it wasn't working due to a bad 33R resistor after making 5 different boards), i finally got it working! Very nice delay and very nice layout as always, thank you Brian!

Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

nzCdog

Nice blue colour  :)
I hate problemsolving those bugs, nice that you won the fight... rock on in the new year!

Battery Acid

Thanks! It's Mammoth Electronics sparkle blue. The picture doesn't make justice to it, looks much better in "real life" hehehe. And yeah, debugging is always boring, but the nerdy victory feels so good, haha.

And happy new year!

bigmufffuzzwizz

You sound determined to get it going and glad you have one now! How does it sound/how do you like it?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jtn191

looks sweet, where'd you get that bezel?

Quote from: Battery Acid on December 30, 2011, 03:56:37 PM(and finding out that it wasn't working due to a bad 33R resistor after making 5 different boards)

And If you haven't thrown the other boards away I'd buy one off ya...
I really wanna do one of these ;)

Battery Acid

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on January 01, 2012, 12:07:10 AM
You sound determined to get it going and glad you have one now! How does it sound/how do you like it?

Hahaha, yeah, it was a hell of a fight, thank you! I must confess that I'm not a big modulation fan, but some songs in my current band were claiming for a delay in my pedalboard, and when it fired up I was (and am) pretty pleased with it's sounds. It's not dull, clear and digital sounding as the Rebote Delay, and not as short and dirty as the Aquaboy. So if you need a delay with personality but not too ornery, I think you must try it! I'm glad I did!

Quote from: jtn191 on January 01, 2012, 12:33:25 AM
looks sweet, where'd you get that bezel?

Quote from: Battery Acid on December 30, 2011, 03:56:37 PM(and finding out that it wasn't working due to a bad 33R resistor after making 5 different boards)

And If you haven't thrown the other boards away I'd buy one off ya...
I really wanna do one of these ;)

I got that led bezel from Banzai Electronics! Pretty slick, ain't it? And I have all the boards, If I have one in good shape yet, I can give it to you! Just have to check out how much it would cost to send the board from Brasil to wherever you are!