News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EgoDeath build

Started by gordo, January 12, 2023, 09:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Sort of like wintersoldier's CS-3/Oracle report, I must have missed the OCD somewhere along the line, or my rig at the time hated it and I got rid of it.  Whatever the case, my little Peavey 6505MH absolutely adores this little beast and it's become a staple on my board in a short time.

I'll try to keep the backstory short but I'd picked up a load of stuff from our own Drew Hallenbeck a while back, mostly to get a bunch of enclosures but Drew was kind enough to include a ton of parts.  This enclosure is from the Drew haul and had a few chips and scratches which makes it ideal for my purposes cuz it's going to get chipped and scratched if it's worth it's weight in salt anyway.  I don't think these photos do it justice because it looks far nicer in person and I got a few weird reflections.

I hit this one with the laser to burn the powdercoat down to aluminum and for some reason the aluminum looks kinda beige.  I kinda like it and I think the photo's are true to the color.  I really gotta get a cool photo rig like Chris'

Softie3 makes it a pretty classy affair and while building it up that little "tik" the relay makes always makes me happy.  This was a really cool project.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

That came out great. I thought the graphic was gold at first

Thewintersoldier

Like Will, at first glance it did look like black and gold. This turned out so nice Gordy. I love the engraving and the build is clean as always. I never bonded with the two I had but maybe that was because they were fulltone and not Madbean lol. Now I'm thinking of trying one again.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

I built an MB version ages ago and loved it, but managed to mangle the board trying to realign a pot before I was able to get it boxed. This looks great! May have to revisit now.

peAk

Drew Hallenbeck

That look great! Glad to see you're getting some use out of the "Drew haul"  ;D
It really is a fun circuit to play around with. I've had some boards made up for a design that I tweaked slightly based on Madbean's old Ego Driver.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

That's pretty bitchin' as the kids say. I got all the parts and discovered I also failed to order a 50kb pot. That's just lovely.

I have built an OCD that I had made, though. It's pretty neat, very similar to the OD glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Looks great, Gordo!  8)  I especially like the arrows around the knobs, nice touch.  I really need to try one of these, too.   

Paradox916

Nice job it looks great! I like the OCD, It's kind of infamous but for some reason doesn't get used a ton I feel like.... It definitely plays well with amps Like rectos and 6505s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessenator

Softie? Berg/Molex header connector? So luxurious. Gold is a nice touch, too. Nice build, sir!

blackhatboojum

Excellent work Gordo.  I too thought it was black and gold at first glance.  Looks awesome!
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

BryGuy

Came out great. Love the artwork.

jjjimi84

dawson

Yeah, Gordo!
Laser etch looks awesome and happy to read that you found a sweet new drive for your rig!

*Bonus points in my book for adding the Fulltone "arrows" around the knobs!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

gordo

You know, one of those things that has always alluded me is the "indicator around the knob" of any sort.  I always manage to screw that up and this time because the laser was being centered around divots I'd created from the drill guide (I spent time landing the laser locator on each of the drill points) it gave me a fighting chance.  I did the burn and realized that a couple of the pots were a bit off so it gave me a chance to redo the pilot holes (typically 1/16 inch) and then manipulate the pots to fit the holes.  Nothing drastic that required any resoldering but just moving them enough that the knobs lined up.  This is a bit of an epiphany.

When I do water-slide decals I ultimately throw in the towel and go "eh...close enough" but then it always bugs me.  Both the fact that I've given up so easily and the fact that I have to look at it.  This process really holds my feet to the fire and I'm happy with the result.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?