News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Karaoke chorus

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 17, 2023, 11:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bret608 on January 19, 2023, 12:03:30 PM
Thanks for the comparison vid! I would be curious to know what the clock frequency is like on the Karaoke. I hear a bit of flange-i-ness which I like a lot, so I wonder if it's a slightly higher frequency like the CS-9. I'll be finishing up one of Jon's boards for that soon, so I got curious and measured the clock on my Pork Barrel just to gain more understanding of how this works. Looks like the CE-2 comes out to 108 kHz compared to the 80 kHz cited in the CS-9 manual. The Flintlock (A/DA) sounds most chorus-like with the manual knob counter-clockwise, which is 69.6 kHz if you set it up per the instructions. Sorry for the geekery!

You are not the first person to say that it's more flangery. I'll have to crack it open and throw it on the scope and see what frequency the clock is working at, Ill do it this weekend.

Quote from: gordo on January 19, 2023, 04:32:27 PM
That video totally nails it.  When I did my little audio clip it hadn't occurred to me that when you hear them side by side you get a feel for how different the CE-1 is/was.  The CE-1 lived in a tighter, almost flangery realm (check out the band Max Webster's tune Waterline for a good recorded version) where as the CE-2 was thicker and wider, if that makes sense.  Well done Chris!

Thanks Gordy, your build is the reason I wanted to build this one.
Who the hell is Bucky?

blackhatboojum

Hot Damn!  I love everything about this build.  That flangery sound makes my pee pee tingle.  I have to build me one of these.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jjjimi84

Sounds epic and looks beautiful. I loved the video and gotta say I can't decide which one I like more. Nicely done!

jessenator

I don't need another chorus ...do I?

Bio77

Quote from: jessenator on January 23, 2023, 11:55:27 AM
I'm afraid so, my friend, yes  ;D

jessenator

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jessenator on January 23, 2023, 11:55:27 AM
The FOMO is real with this one
Who the hell is Bucky?