News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Legend - BOSS CE-1 clone

Started by BL_Devices, January 21, 2023, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BL_Devices

At the beginning of my post I would like to welcome you all, this is my first post :)

Now to the point.
I would like to boast about the result of my work. This is an exact copy of the BOSS CE-1 chorus from BOSS
I named it LEGEND :)

The differences between the original include
-possibility to supply with a standard 9V power supply, or BOSS polarization if you prefer
- hardly available analog MN3002 delay line replaced with a newer chip with identical parameters
-reelational preamplifier which, when properly set, beautifully colors the sound
- perfect sounding chorus
-very original vibrato.
-option to use the effect in stereo configuration
- powder coated housing, the paint has a unique structure
- UV print applied directly to the housing
- definitely smaller size, less emergency than the hard-to-reach and very expensive original
- housing dimensions are 187x118mmx38mm

Samples for one of the first chorus versions:

I started working on the effect in 2019, of course I first made a few prototype circuits with a positive or less positive effect.
However, what it presents is currently the final version.
If you have any questions, feel free to discuss.

Regards!

madbean

Dude that is tight! Are you using one of the bipolar power supply bricks there? Great build and layout.

BL_Devices

Thank you! :)
Yes, I used RECOM RD1215D converters

gordo

Damn that's a clean layout, board, and build.  Well done!!  After a handful of Aion builds using similar converters I've become a big fan, regardless of the fact that they're a tad pricey.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Philthy

Lovely. If you intend on selling those pcbs put me down for one.

lars

Quote from: BL_Devices on January 21, 2023, 12:20:19 PM
At the beginning of my post I would like to welcome you all, this is my first post :)
Um, this exact same "first post" was posted two years ago under this topic:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=27629.180

On the 13th page of the posting, it even has the exact same picture of the gut shot of the pedal!
What is going on here?
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: lars on January 23, 2023, 12:45:56 AM

On the 13th page of the posting, it even has the exact same picture of the gut shot of the pedal!
What is going on here?
Busted lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

blackhatboojum

What is going on here?

Oh snap! 😬
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Paradox916

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordo

Bummer, on the plus side the odds of finding the chip have dropped to near zero.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jessenator

Quote from: gordo on January 23, 2023, 03:29:39 AM
Bummer, on the plus side the odds of finding the chip have dropped to near zero.

IDK what you're talking about, but I can get 80 of these bad boys "for Analogue Signal" on eScam right now!

seriously though, I didn't want to say anything, but I looked up that chip like "why isn't anyone else using it if it's not as R@R3 as the MN series…?"

That old post has a "real" vs "fake" and well going off of that, you can get "real" ones from …$40 a piece. By Grabthar's hammer, what a savings…

BL_Devices

What is going on here?

This is my old account that I couldn't access. Now I have a new one and I wanted to present my effect again :)

madbean

That's no problem. I figured it was something like that. Anyway, it's great work!

BL_Devices

Quote from: madbean on January 23, 2023, 04:05:44 PM
That's no problem. I figured it was something like that. Anyway, it's great work!

Thank you! :)
I also built a separate CE-1 preamp to complete the set. The perfect accessory for fans of John Fruscinate.

And sound sample of CE-1 Preamp + CE-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WL8l6308Cg&t=278s&ab_channel=Riffsandpancakes