News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DeadRinger 2022

Started by gordo, January 21, 2023, 03:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Another one from the Drew haul, this time a powder blue with a simple but effective water slide.  Got it shot with a nice coat of clear, just let it dry and we're ready to go.  Was sitting directly under a drill bit in a drill press and I don't know why I'd think that a drill bit would magically loosen itself and fall on the paint.  So I decided it had to move.  Dropped it and plop, it landed on it's face...

So it's sanded down, re-decal'd and drying.  I'll see if I can clear it again without buggering it up.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dawson

Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

harryklippton

I've had that happen more times than I'd like to admit. I feel your pain Gordo

jimilee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Thankfully this only happened to a primer coat for me recently... I feel ya.

Drew Hallenbeck

Oh no!
I've been there plenty of times too. Hopefully you'll be able to recover and have something worth your troubles....  ;D
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

gordo

So the story has a happy ending.  I redid (is that a real word?) the graphics after sanding back the damage and salvaged the original finish.

This is a crafty pedal and I can see a few peeps swooping in to scoop this one up...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on January 27, 2023, 04:36:50 PM
So the story has a happy ending.  I redid (is that a real word?) the graphics after sanding back the damage and salvaged the original finish.

This is a crafty pedal and I can see a few peeps swooping in to scoop this one up...
Nice! I've built one that I etched. I'm looking forward to this one.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Nice recovery work, Gordo!

Paradox916

blackhatboojum

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Aleph Null

Looks good! I never would have guessed it took a dive. That's a bummer, though. The only thing I can think of that feels worse is burning through a solder pad.

Thewintersoldier

Another great build and nice save. I love me some sd-1 and fuller knew what he was doing when he made this one, a real classic that you did with class here.
Who the hell is Bucky?