News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sushi box Blackeye

Started by Paradox916, January 30, 2023, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox916

Where to start with this one.... It's an infamous project, but for inherent flaws and problems it has just as many positives and good qualities,  Of course if I was going to build a tube preamp I wanted the full complement tone stack so I tried to emulate the  the SLO tone pre amp in its entirety the best that I could,  I find the gain range quite useable all the way to dimed... this one is worth revisiting in a different format for sure. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackhatboojum

This circuit may not have been exactly as advertised but, your execution and the build itself is top notch.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

Very cool! I didn't have any issues with mine.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Betty Wont

Wow! I love what you did. A full eq section would be on my wish list for this too.
I got ripped off on 4 of these. It's nice to see someone get one working.

Paradox916

Thanks y'all!   For what it's worth I named it the SLO Scrofa because sus scrofa is a wild boar and this thing has a squealing problem [emoji1787]. If anyone what's to know by adding the TMB tone stack you can actually dial out the squeal with the Mids  pretty quickly even without a buffer.  Not that it's a fix just an interesting discovery

Thewintersoldier

This one is sooo cool, even with the flawed layout by sushibox. The build, the concept and execution is top tier and the color scheme is fantastic.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

I'm not familiar with the build, but is that interior LED lighting to go with the cutouts‽ Very cool.

Paradox916

Quote from: jessenator on February 01, 2023, 07:45:39 AM
I'm not familiar with the build, but is that interior LED lighting to go with the cutouts‽ Very cool.
I'm not [emoji817] on what you are asking but yes? It's just the indicator led(s) flooding the inside. To backlight the tubes

jessenator

Quote from: Paradox916 on February 01, 2023, 08:12:36 AM
indicator led(s) flooding the inside to backlight the tubes

Yup. Very nice! A great touch.

Willybomb

This is a build I want to do.

Philthy

Cool as.....and bonus points for the effort in the photo backdrop.