News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eliasson Guitars Goldie Guitar

Started by jjjimi84, February 20, 2023, 06:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is the pinnacle of the dkpedals channel, the frothy cream that can rise only after vigorous work. A video so good it may even burn your eyes or give you heart palpitations due to the flashes and bangs and hard fisting that is going on. Open up your eye holes for some serious meowsical entertainment.

https://youtu.be/f_32QrgMRK0

In all seriousness Paul Eliasson was kind enough to send me a guitar to try out and I offered to make a video and then this bag of insanity ensued and it turned out better than I could have imagined. I had a lot of fun making this video and am so proud of my singing debut!

It is an all mahogany body starcaster 335 hybrid that just sounds amazing.

dan.schumaker

Kick-ass video Dan!  You are a great player, you have a real knack for showing off the tools you use!

jjjimi84

Thanks Dan! I was trying to have as much fun as i can with my clothes on!

How great is Rush! I got to see them in 2013 and man it was epic.

gordo

I have to admit I was initially turned off by the Epiphone meets Starcaster vibe but from the first chord I was blown away by how much top end zing that thing has.  Seems like you can't get a bad sound out of it and the antique furniture finish thing it has going is top shelf.  You, sir, have also done a fine job of showing off the qualities of the guitar itself.  I have to think that Eliasson is thrilled to have this quality of a demo and the quality of the build easily shines thru on the vid.

Superb as usual but cool to be guitar-centric.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on February 22, 2023, 11:09:29 PM
I have to admit I was initially turned off by the Epiphone meets Starcaster vibe but from the first chord I was blown away by how much top end zing that thing has.  Seems like you can't get a bad sound out of it and the antique furniture finish thing it has going is top shelf.  You, sir, have also done a fine job of showing off the qualities of the guitar itself.  I have to think that Eliasson is thrilled to have this quality of a demo and the quality of the build easily shines thru on the vid.

Superb as usual but cool to be guitar-centric.

Man I cannot tell you how much this means to me. When I told Paul about my idea and what I was hoping to accomplish he was pretty open to anything and then once the video was finished I apologized to him.....

I love the video, I still laugh at through every viewing and am pretty proud but usually when I love a video it doesn't do that great. This was no different but I don't care I freaking love it and am super happy. I can't wait to show you all the guitar collaboration in the works!!!

jimilee

Wow, I'm really digging the guitar, and your playing! Wow, it sounds like it just keeps getting better. The neck pickup, in my opinion, has a Mark Knopfler, sultans of swing vibe. Both of you make a great team, keep it up.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on February 24, 2023, 12:07:41 AM
Wow, I'm really digging the guitar, and your playing! Wow, it sounds like it just keeps getting better. The neck pickup, in my opinion, has a Mark Knopfler, sultans of swing vibe. Both of you make a great team, keep it up.

Thanks mate! I appreciate it! I was actually prepared for this video and what you are seeing is the second take on the rhythm track and the first take for the solo. The BigNoise Spitfire overdrive and Echoes dual delay were really key in getting the tones.