News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Feb. Releases + new Giveaway board out

Started by madbean, February 24, 2023, 09:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Finally these are ready after many weeks. Six pedal projects plus two new utilities (ProtorigJR and the Strober stereo prototyping board).
I'll have some short demos of some of these on Instagram starting at the beginning of next week.

Thewintersoldier

I got my mistress order in, this one is a special build as a gift. Great job Brian, happy building everyone.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Put a link here or videos. I got no instagram.

Not gut shots? Rehoused behringers the lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BricksnBeatles

Nice! I'm eager to get some flangery goodness going on!

BricksnBeatles

Noticed for the new current lover R24 is labeled as a jumper in the schematic and 10k on the BOM— which is correct?

Also, would it be worthwhile hacking in the 2015 effects loop mod if I'm going to be building it into an XX enclosure anyway? Doesn't seem to be too much info from people who have built it with those mods to see if they found much benefit from it.

Betty Wont

Quote from: BricksnBeatles on February 24, 2023, 11:30:57 AM
Noticed for the new current lover R24 is labeled as a jumper in the schematic and 10k on the BOM— which is correct?

R24 looks to be 10k across all documentation. R42 is the jumper.

madbean

R42 is the jumper. I meant to add a note about that so I will go back and edit the doc. I also forgot to add a link I wanted in there (got pretty worn out by the time I got to the Current Lover). Anyway, some versions of the Mistress have a 10k in that spot and some don't. The link is to documentation showing all the differences in the classic versions of the Mistress.

For the loop, I only ever saw one or two people do it so I left it off. You could certainly put one in there. I think maybe doing as single TRS Marshall style jack might still fit in a 1590BB.

BricksnBeatles

QuoteObiWon-Armon: "Have you ever heard the tragedy of Dark Foltune the Guy?"
Padawan Kokrain: "No."
ObiWon-Armon: "I thought not. It's not a story the pedalmakers would tell you. It's a DIY legend. Dark Foltune was a Dark Lord of Boutique, so powerful and so wise he could use the Fuzz to influence electrons to create tone... He had such a knowledge of cloning, he could even keep the pedals he copied from being exposed."
Padawan Kokrain: "He could actually save pedals from cloning?"
ObiWon-Armon: "The dark side of the Fuzz is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."
Padawan Kokrain: "What happened to him?"
ObiWon-Armon: "He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice exposed his dark cloning. Ironic. He could save pedals from being copied, but not himself."
Padawan Kokrain: "Is it possible to learn this power?"
ObiWon-Armon: "Not from DIY."

Exceedingly brilliant. Bravo 👏🏻

gordo

Nailing it with the graphics and a Guardian's enclosure classes up the lineup as well.  Superb!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: gordo on February 24, 2023, 03:05:10 PM
Nailing it with the graphics and a Guardian's enclosure classes up the lineup as well.  Superb!!!

TY. Yeah, Chris really came through with that enclosure! I'm doing more waterslide now, too. It's less labor than faceplates.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 24, 2023, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: gordo on February 24, 2023, 03:05:10 PM

TY. Yeah, Chris really came through with that enclosure! I'm doing more waterslide now, too. It's less labor than faceplates.
What are you clear coating your water slides with? I need to find something better.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on February 24, 2023, 11:05:19 AM

I will not be besmirched!

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 25, 2023, 06:21:01 AM

Besmirchment withdrawn. [emoji23]

szukalski

Brilliant! I got myself a Skoolie and Current Lover, amongst others, for the back log.

I mean, I've run out of useless values of resistors and capacitors but why should that matter?

jkokura

Quote from: madbean on February 25, 2023, 06:21:01 AM

pfft. The quality still seems like it's not quite Card table... you need to up your game bud.

;)

In all seriousness, I think they're awesome looking projects. Getting a DMM into a 125B is really impressive actually.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals