News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovecraft wiring

Started by jhaneyzz, March 13, 2023, 12:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhaneyzz

See the attachment...

I threatened recently to try to put enough wire in an enclosure to pick up radio, and while that would be fairly easy to do actually, I took a different tack on this build.

I've been doing a lot of what I call "race track" wiring lately, point to point-ish 3PDT-to-board wiring with all right angles. I really enjoy it as a zen activity, but getting those right angles correct in 3 dimensions is a pain in the ass...

This Pasty Face board had the LED pads at the wrong end of the board for marble mania and an absolute traffic jam of pads on the southbound freeway.

So I ditched all aspirations of geometric precision and went full on free-style/organic with the wiring.

Works great. Zero RF interference. not any noiser than any other fuzz i've ever built.

I'm going to keep wiring things like this to keep myself from going broke cranking out pedals.

mauman

I love it!  Quite aesthetic. Reminds me of the 19th century knob-and-tube AC wiring I've seen in old buildings.

jimilee

Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.