News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Janky Tape Echo - DIY tape echo project

Started by culturejam, March 06, 2023, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Did a quick search and didn't see this posted. Thought you degenerates would enjoy  ;D

https://www.indifferentengine.com/tapeecho
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

That is pretty slick.  Not sure janky echo' is my thing but looks like a fun build.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Doorlord

Reminds me of the time someone spilled bong water on my Vestax or Vesta Fire 4 track.

Bio77

This is freak'n cool. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I could hear it through a cleaner amp, not digging that Orange.  I also find it interesting how they're mixing their band branding with the project, pretty ingenious. 

jessenator

That is something else! I'll definitely have to dive into this later on.

Quote from: Doorlord on March 06, 2023, 05:56:44 PM
Reminds me of the time someone spilled bong water on my Vestax or Vesta Fire 4 track.

zombie_rock123

I was looking at this and trying to find some recommendations for 3d printing services in the UK.

It'd be nice to use up some of the dozens of tape heads I have that I've no recollection of buying...
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jessenator

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on March 07, 2023, 01:53:48 AM
I was looking at this and trying to find some recommendations for 3d printing services in the UK.

It'd be nice to use up some of the dozens of tape heads I have that I've no recollection of buying...

My mates over your side of the pond have recommended 3dpeople —quality for the money can't beaten, they say.

Invertiguy

This is epic! I'd definitely be willing to attempt it if I ever decide to get a 3D Printer.
Doomsday Devices

culturejam

I think I'm going to have a go at this. I'm going to order PCBs from JLC, so I'll have at least 5 boards of each (there are two different PCBs for this project). If anybody else wants a set, let me know. I might be able to print some extra enclosures as well.

EDIT: after reading the entire build guide, I am having serious second thoughts.  ;D  I might give this a couple days of thinking, and then I'll post again.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects