News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fraudhacker - LFO tick noise (wth did I do)

Started by jessenator, March 07, 2023, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Well unless there's a clerical/inventory error, I might have just landed a MN3207/MN3102 pair...

Bio77

If your clerical error doesn't work out, PM me.  I have a few extra in my stash I could send you 8)

jessenator

Quote from: Bio77 on March 10, 2023, 10:29:19 PM
If your clerical error doesn't work out, PM me.  I have a few extra in my stash I could send you 8)
Thanks! I got the order and shipping confirmation from Cabintech, so I should be good.

So I was reading the documentation and was confused:
QuoteLastly, and because you may not already be confused enough, I did test running the circuit @ 9v with MN3207/
MN3102 but using a 6v regulator instead of 5v and that also worked just fine.
I didn't know if the 6V regulator mentioned means that it's a requirement or not. Is a properly operational 5-6V regulator still required with a MN3207/MN3102 combo?

Bio77

Quote from: jessenator on March 11, 2023, 09:59:52 AM
So I was reading the documentation and was confused:
QuoteLastly, and because you may not already be confused enough, I did test running the circuit @ 9v with MN3207/
MN3102 but using a 6v regulator instead of 5v and that also worked just fine.
I didn't know if the 6V regulator mentioned means that it's a requirement or not. Is a properly operational 5-6V regulator still required with a MN3207/MN3102 combo?
No, usually when you use a 3007 you can run at higher voltage and get some more head room.  But Brian points out that in this circuit it's only possible to get a few more volts.  I.e. using a 3007 isn't an improvement over 3207, but you can use it if that's all you can find. The 3207 is meant to run at 5V, but Brian said he ran it at 6V and it was also fine. 

The 3207 line was made to increase the operating time when using a 9V batteries.

jessenator

Thanks, everyone for the help!

I've got the 3207 and new reg in and it's working super fine now! Wish my meter measured frequency in the range necessary, but I just left the trimmer at 50% and called it a day.