News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echo Fuzz - MB Splunker

Started by Bio77, March 13, 2023, 06:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Just wanted to show some love to the Splunker.  I haven't seen any build reports, yet.  I think it's cool when the Jedi's of the pedal game do originals.   This is a fun pedal, gives an instant lead tone. 

I used some low Hfe 3904s for the fuzz side, nothing fancy.  The no-film gods were kind to me and I got a pretty good transfer  8)  It's been rough on the no-film front the past year or so.   

harryklippton

Love that color enclosure. This came out great

blackhatboojum

Hell yeah!  I love the old horror movie vibe with the font and graphics.  Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Vincent Price... I'm a sucker for their flicks  8).
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Killer build John, still got it!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

Nice work! I'm super envious of the ones who can do the film/no-film and get their registration/alignment bang-on.

culturejam

Nice lookin build! I've been thinking about building one of these.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Bio77

benny_profane

Incredible. Nice work inside and out on this one!

Bret608

Apparently I need to build out my stash of horror movie fonts! That aesthetic works for me. Love the build.

gordo

This looks terrific.  I like the circuit too.  One of the guitar players I play with snagged it soon after it was boxed up and loves it.  I might have to put together another one.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Looking great!!!! What a tight fit, how nervous were you drilling that power jack? Not to far up not too far down, just right.

Bio77

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 17, 2023, 12:08:43 PM
Looking great!!!! What a tight fit, how nervous were you drilling that power jack? Not to far up not too far down, just right.

Brian's cutout is pretty accurate for marking the side holes.  I did some machining when I was in college, so, I strive to have good holes (that came out weird  ::)).