Main Menu

Been gone for 5-6 years? What happened?

Started by blearyeyes, October 20, 2023, 09:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: chromesphere on December 01, 2023, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 01, 2023, 08:46:39 AM
Quote from: chromesphere on December 01, 2023, 12:13:09 AM
Hi guys, feels like a school reunion, thought i would poke my head in as well!
Been a long time.  Pedal store is still going strong, but I have been missing DIY lately. 
Ive been wanting a laser cutter / etcher for a while, so went and bought this (12watts).
Hitting the books to learn how to operate it (properly) and looking forward to cranking out some pedal and non-pedal related DIY stuff. 
Anyway, going to have to make a habit of checking in more often then once every 3 years :D
Hey Paul. Great to see you. It's DIY, just push buttons [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Im super paranoid about safety with this thing, which probably isn't a bad thing.
But yes as far as operation goes im literally pushing buttons until I can smell burning then I know I'm on the right track.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

Quote from: GrindCustoms on November 30, 2023, 02:47:57 PM
Hey Dan, glad to see you back, feels like couple old timers are making their way back onto this forum that many of us called home.

Glad to hear that you where able to get back on your feet after your struggles, it ain't easy but once you get back on top, the clarity that comes with it makes it so much more rewarding.

There's a download link for all of the GCFX docs in it's section of the forum, if there's anything missing for the projects you have in hand, DM me and I'll fix it.

Cheers!

HEY REJ! YOU'RE ALIVE! I was wondering what happened to you. Really glad to see you back here. I thought you might have gotten lost in the Arctic tundra somewhere and joined the icicles! Hehe. Wow lots of old timers showing up. Thanks for posting the docs and great to see you here!

blearyeyes

Been a long time.  Pedal store is still going strong, but I have been missing DIY lately. 
Ive been wanting a laser cutter / etcher for a while, so went and bought this (12watts).
Hitting the books to learn how to operate it (properly) and looking forward to cranking out some pedal and non-pedal related DIY stuff. 
Anyway, going to have to make a habit of checking in more often then once every 3 years :D

Hey ! Chromesphere! Which Laser Etcher did you get?  I need to learn more about those. Glad to see you're still kicking...

blearyeyes

Quote from: Chinaski on November 30, 2023, 02:37:29 PM
Welcome back and congrats on the girl and the sobriety!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hi Chinaski. Been building long? Good to see you here.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: blearyeyes on December 02, 2023, 10:32:48 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on November 30, 2023, 02:47:57 PM
Hey Dan, glad to see you back, feels like couple old timers are making their way back onto this forum that many of us called home.

Glad to hear that you where able to get back on your feet after your struggles, it ain't easy but once you get back on top, the clarity that comes with it makes it so much more rewarding.

There's a download link for all of the GCFX docs in it's section of the forum, if there's anything missing for the projects you have in hand, DM me and I'll fix it.

Cheers!

HEY REJ! YOU'RE ALIVE! I was wondering what happened to you. Really glad to see you back here. I thought you might have gotten lost in the Arctic tundra somewhere and joined the icicles! Hehe. Wow lots of old timers showing up. Thanks for posting the docs and great to see you here!

Hahaha, yes i am... ...although i almost didn't and not because of the beautiful Arctic but for some minor thing that went full apeshit... ...i won't go into details but there's an older thread that Brian had made maybe 4 years ago when i got out of my coma, even if i hadn't been on here for couple years at that time. Will never be thankful enough for the great people around here.

For the docs, it's a bit clunky right now to have them all condensed like that but i'm brewing something in the shadows....
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chromesphere

Quote from: blearyeyes on December 02, 2023, 10:45:29 PM

Hey ! Chromesphere! Which Laser Etcher did you get?  I need to learn more about those. Glad to see you're still kicking...

Hey Dan, sorry missed your message. 

Its a Creality falcon 2 12 w with air assist.  Main purpose was for etching enclosures for the webstore, but I'm discovering the magnitude of things I can do with it and the kids are placing their orders.  Signs, crossbows, xmas decorations, puzzles, even a tensegrity table.  Lots of fun. 

I've run some inital tests on pedal enclosures and it does this without an issue as you would expect, but the results are also pretty crisp too which is nice, no burning etc. Im hoping to incorporate a "drill template" with the graphics, so i can etch -> drill based on markings from the etch, if that makes sense.

There was not alot of info out there before i bought it so it was a bit of a gamble, but i figured if its no good for pedals, i will use it to engrave photos on wood of myself standing on the beach in my speedo's to give to the in-laws for xmas presents. :D

Once i start smashing out some regular enclosure artwork, ill put something up on here about it.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube