News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New to me guitar day

Started by Thewintersoldier, March 19, 2023, 07:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I'm always talking about how I struggle to find a humbucker guitar I like. Most are too dark sounding, too muddy to me. I like P90s but only when they do that certain P90 grind. I'm always searching for that perfect HB guitar that is like a tele on steroids. So I got a tele on steroids[emoji1745].
I found a deal on a 2021 vintera telecaster deluxe at guitar center and took the plunge. Turns out the perfect scale length for me is 25.5". I play teles all the time so this felt like home. These are the revoiced alnico wide range HBs that Tim Shaw worked on. They are very clear, bright and articulate. And after years of playing Les Pauls the control layout felt like second nature.
I replaced the pick up selector switch and jack with switchcraft parts as the stock stuff felt cheap. While I was in there I added some treble bleeds and an electrosocket jack cup like I do in all teles. I want to clean up the wiring because fender always has too much wire but that's for another day. I polished up the frets and did a full setup and man does this thing fuck. My SG is jealous already. RIP Gibson. Also a family photo of the current fender stable.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

That's a beaut, Chris!

Your description kinda makes me want to get 'buckers again...had a love\hate relationship with them in my gigging days. You also remind me that the jack in my Offset Tele is almost to the point of pooping out the lead by g-forces alone.

Good stuff, man.

jimilee

Ohhhhhhh very nice. I love that fat headstock, too. I a black one with the newer headstock but still with Tim Shaws.  I haven't played it in a while, I need to get it back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

That's awesome, congrats!  I love the sound of those pickups and I'm not sure it's not my imagination but I've always thought fatheads sounded a bit more full range.  My 71 strat has a CBS fathead and although the neck is a complete turd the sound gets destroyed if I replace it with a more modern (or more vintage I suppose) neck.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?