News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty Chimp

Started by Doorlord, March 20, 2023, 05:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doorlord

Alright, who's gonna come out with a Naughty Chimp?

madbean

This will be the third time I've answered this call today. Me. I think I'll do a double giveaway: maybe free PCB plus free Eagle design files. Kindly remember, the hype is not of Harambe's making.

This whole Bad Monkey thing is so incredibly dumb but also hilarious to witness. Also, the available schematic has a mistake, I believe.

Doorlord

Nice.
I wish I unloaded my Peavey Decade before the other Josh (Homme) hype wore off.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jessenator

This got me curious so I looked up what the fuss was about, and you nailed it, Brian.
Quote from: madbean on March 20, 2023, 05:20:11 PM
This whole Bad Monkey thing is so incredibly dumb but also hilarious to witness.

Kindly remember, the hype is not of Harambe's making.

jimilee

This will be the third time I've answered this call today. Me. I think I'll do a double giveaway: maybe free PCB plus free Eagle design files. Kindly remember, the hype is not of Harambe's making.

This whole Bad Monkey thing is so incredibly dumb but also hilarious to witness. Also, the available schematic has a mistake, I believe.
How are you just gonna stop there. Are you gonna do it? Did you fix the error? Are you sure that was the error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on March 20, 2023, 06:39:19 PM
How are you just gonna stop there. Are you gonna do it? Did you fix the error? Are you sure that was the error?

The transistor for the gyrator (low control) appears to have been drawn backwards. The collector should go to +9v, not the emitter.

Govmnt_Lacky

Apparently VERY late to the party. What's the deal with this??

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Hey, is this gonna be a real thing? I've been on a tube screamer kick here lately.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

So it's a tube screamer with a bass control and people are going ape shit over it?

EBK

Yep.  When JHS demonstrated it sounding like a Klon, I thought it would have taken the mystique out of the Klon, but nope.  Instead, we get mystical monkey mojo.  I'll build one for a laugh.  It seems like a fun project.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

WonkoTheSane

Isn't it just a super tube screamer?
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

culturejam

It's sort of a Tubescreamer with an added active/gyrator bass control. It's pretty cool, but nothing to sell your house for. :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on April 01, 2023, 12:11:55 PM
It's sort of a Tubescreamer with an added active/gyrator bass control. It's pretty cool, but nothing to sell your house for. :)
I'm curious if it isn't the SD 805 without the mids control. I can't believe people have lost their minds over it.