News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Etcher's Paradise Project: Dragonthlayur - the EHX Lizard Queen

Started by madbean, April 13, 2023, 11:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The EHX/JHS collab came out a couple days ago and looks to be a mash-up of a couple well-known Tim Escobedo circuits. I breadboarded it yesterday and it sounds good so I made a quick Etcher's Paradise project if you want to DIY your own PCB. I put in some suggestions and added a couple optional mods, too.

Under the "Fuzz" section: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/EP/index.html

jessenator

Sweet! I'll have to take a look at this one. Dumb question: were you able to breadboard it on a single "slab" ? (That's not the name...) I'm guessing so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks, Brian!

jimilee

I like the clipping options. How does the fuzz sound with the led?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

WonkoTheSane

That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

Aleph Null

Has anyone even taken delivery of an official unit yet?! Did you figure this all out from watching the announcement video?

jimilee

Nope, they haven't starting shipping yet. Apparently, in the video the board is held up. I didn't watch the whole thing. I did preorder a nano, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Sounding pretty gnarly. I wanted to use a 14mm pot and I only had a 5kC. So, I dropped a 3k3 in parallel to make a 2k pot and used that for the balanced control. Makes it rather unruly in some settings. I like it but I may tweak it a bit more. Might try to dial out a little low end. Overall, it sounds great!

jimilee

WonkoTheSane

Can probably increase R4, R6 and R7 to 22K too for more fun.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

Aentons

madbean

Some art. Not mine, but art nonetheless.

jimilee

Oh man, this one is getting the box treatment, nice. Now I gotta hear it.

madbean

All done! I replaced the RED LED with a clear white. It changes the front end attack quite a bit and sounds rad. really happy how this turned out.

jimilee