News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Destiny Behemoth Part Two! Pedals For Ukraine build

Started by jjjimi84, April 17, 2023, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

What is Destiny Behemoth? I have no idea, it was another name my son came up with and I saved it in my phone. What is a Behemothing? I really have no idea but dang if it doesn't sound like something with multiple layers of bacon.

Today is Destiny Behemoth Part Two, this was supposed to come out last week but two things happened; First, I didn't like the video, so I scrapped it. The other reason is I had some other business come up (nice weather) and I had to attend to some urgent meetings (ride my motorcycle to eat BBQ).

Here is a fresh edit and some lovely pictures to go all in on my all in one practice unit. The pcbs are designed by the incredible @cooder and the headphone design came from the genious mind of @Chuck D. Bones

​We are going to make them available to anybody who wants one and I will make up some build docs for every one.

https://youtu.be/3Lx2Y5zKFtw

I made five of these and really want to show them off to you all! First up is the man that made it happen, Stephan from BigNoise! In a fiery red to match his studio wall in his beautiful new home!

Next is the great professor that designed the headphone amp for it @Chuck D. Bones He got this really nice Black one that has a lot of depth in the character.

Here is one for the wonderful @fig This was the end result of the poll we had titled "Which color is Fig"

He is purple and he is awesome and so kind to all of us. The purple was a happy accident as it dried weird in the testing of the color matching and I went with it. It looks super slimy!

Here is the one going to the Pedals for Ukraine.

All of those were drilled and primed and painted after the first prototype (mine) was done. I used my air brush to put a faded background and then sealed it with a spray matte clear coat. All of the colors were color matched to the knobs and once that cured I started lettering them all which took about three days. The red one was the one to get the attempted faded lettering but scrapped the idea as it took forever and the result, while looking cool, was not worth the few hours it took....

Since the airbrush idea came up after I made mine I was way to lazy to take it apart and spray it and redo the lettering so I just painted the slime guy on there. I also learned a thing or two about double checking my measurements when drilling a complex unit with jacks, I had to sand down my lid to close it.

Here is mine, in Deans favorite color.

jimilee

Wow, man those are awesome. And you tackled it 5 times. I'm would have been done after one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Five and counting......

I know I will end up making a few more, I can feel it in my bones.

Bio77