News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WOLFSHIRT - foxx tone machine

Started by eniacmike, August 10, 2010, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

wolfshirt: based on the foxx tone machine octave fuzz.

The bottom two wolves light up red when you turn the effect on, the top wolf lights up when you flip the switch on. This was a really fun ridiculous build with side mounted knobs and top mounted jacks.

The fuzz is really ripping and the octave sound is obscene. I can't even try to sound good with it on it is so harsh. a bunch of houston guitarists use the foxx tone machine a so I wanted to find out what I could do with one.

BLACK pcb and vintage 2n3565 transistors (little black dome with gold legs). also vintage germanium diodes 1n34a (green clear and red christmas looking diodes). I found both of these parts at EPO in houston, and wiped them out of their entire stock.

you can kind of see the paint here it is a navy sparkle called DeJa Blue from TESTORS one coat lacquer. also I used chrome bezels for the leds.

artwork and name are from the amazon.com item the mountain and three wolfs t-shirt read the reviews if you haven't yet it is really hilarious.http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Wolf-Short-Sleeve/product-reviews/B002HJ377A/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 pretty hilarious.

madbean

Makes me so proud...sniff :)

That is really really awesome!

eniacmike

When I turned it on for the first time and all the leds lit up I was filled with so much joy and I was smiling for 5 minutes straight. Thanks Brian! your boards are awesome!

This is the coolest pedal I have ever made and the coolest name!

jkokura

That's an awesome job! I laughed when I saw the pedal, the name suits it. I think the Large LED's look good on stage, but I think you should have gone with no bezels and 3mm LED's so we could see more of the wolves...

Great job. I like the Mojo parts.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

I watched the video review on amazon...So funny!!!  I wanna make a wolfshirt tone machine to give me super power playing :o

O yeah nice work!!! ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

Quote from: jkokura on August 10, 2010, 04:38:00 PM
That's an awesome job! I laughed when I saw the pedal, the name suits it. I think the Large LED's look good on stage, but I think you should have gone with no bezels and 3mm LED's so we could see more of the wolves...

Great job. I like the Mojo parts.

Jacob

actually I was going to go with 5mm leds with the small black plastic bezels but I drilled too far and the hole ended up being too big so I went with the bezels to save the enclosure. I also couldn't put the top wolves led in his eye like the other two because of clearance issues with the jack. I haven't tried to put leds in crazy places or even done a build with more than 2 leds so this was kind of a big project for me.

I will probably order another board and make another one. I'm thinking about using glow in the dark ink on the top underneath the waterslide.

maysink

it still looks damn fine--that's good work right there!
[nothing to see here]
-e

jkokura

yeah, looking at the board again - very clean looking, awesome mojo with the funky parts - That's an awesome build.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

gtr2

Thanks!  I was thinking of building one and utilizing a footswitch to activate the octave.  I should have enough room for two foot switches...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

There is enough room in that 1590 bb for two switches. I am currently working on a grapevine (dirty little secret clone) and I am going to put the rock/rawk toggle on a footswitch

eniacmike

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean