News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WOLFSHIRT - foxx tone machine

Started by eniacmike, August 10, 2010, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosettastoned

i've made it to but  got a problem with the octave switch, wen i turn it on  de efects stops the sound for a half of a second.  any of u have the same problem??   i made it with a toggle switch and then changed it for a stomp switch  but the problem keep bodering me..

please some help to fix it??

as soon as i can i'll upload som pics of mine.

Ps. excuse my poor English.

maysink

I think that's normal. I made one of these from guitarpcb.com and there is a brief interruption of the signal when I engage/disengage the octave.
[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

I'll pull mine out and take another listen. Honestly, I don't remember.

On a positive note, I finished the design last night to have this one manufactured, too.

eniacmike

I have built two and they both cut out briefly when you turn the octave switch. another reason I decided against using a stomp switch for the octave effect. you need different sustain and tone settings when you have the octave on anyways, its more an EITHER OR effect.

rosettastoned

ok guys, this is my  clone i did with madbeans PCB but made some changes to made a Ultimate octave, also y did some test with Fat/Bright switch caps.

madbean

That's awesome! I love the vibe of that enclosure.

It's interesting you mentioned the Ultimate Octave thing...I was thinking about updating the docs to include the necessary mods. I haven't tired them myself, but there's only 3 or 4 changes that need to be made.

Nice work!

gtr2

Sweet enclosure work! :o  What's an ultimate octave??
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

rosettastoned

just google it....  basicaly is an octave fuzz based on Foxx Tone Machine.