News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BC Fuzz

Started by blackhatboojum, April 23, 2023, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhatboojum

Here's something different from my typical builds.  A fuzz pedal.  Because I prefer my distortion tone from my amp, I rarely build or mess with dirt boxes.  However, when Brian hooks you up with a free board... you gotta build it.  That being said, I really enjoyed putting this one together and playing around with it.  This fuzz is essentially a silicon fuzz face with an extra control that squashes the shit out of the fuzz tone.  The more you turn up the squish, the more gated and kind of velcro ripping sounds emerge.  Kinda cool if you're into that sort of thing.  Personally, I prefer leaving the squish knob dumped all the way.  It's just a classic fuzz face tone at that setting.  I used a Tayda 1590b cream enclosure, no mods, stock values for everything, and a pair of 2N3904 transistors.  Since it's called the Business Card Fuzz, I went with some basic business card artwork I found on google.  That's pretty much all I have to say on this one.  See you on the next build  8).

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Thewintersoldier

Clean AF 🧼🧽🫧🚿
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

That's looking nice! I'm super bummed I missed the bc fuzz giveaway  : (  not gonna let that happen when the Harambe Special comes out!

The woodcut/linocut art look works super well, especially on cream. It looks like the cardholder is a purveyor of quality goods and services, not some snake oil peddling scoundrel! Super.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jessenator on April 23, 2023, 10:01:15 PM
That's looking nice! I'm super bummed I missed the bc fuzz giveaway  : (  not gonna let that happen when the Harambe Special comes out!

The woodcut/linocut art look works super well, especially on cream. It looks like the cardholder is a purveyor of quality goods and services, not some snake oil peddling scoundrel! Super.
I have a bc fuzz if you want it
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

That's really sharp, I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

That is super freakin tidy my guy. Excellent work

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

blackhatboojum

Thanks for all the kind words.  Fuzz isn't really my thing but, I really dig how this pedal turned out.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

David665

I was hoping this made it into the shop.