News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Skoolie IC3

Started by geekmacdaddy, May 01, 2023, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekmacdaddy

Hey Ya'lls
I'm getting signal into that "stress" LED, but no sound when blend is all the way delay...getting some analog noise (normal amount) when engaged. The beginnings of my problems start at IC3 pins 1, 2, and 3. 1 and 2 are somewhere north of 14v and 3 is jumping around. 4 is zero, 5, 6, and 7 are at 7.5, and 8 is 15.07...the A side of IC3. Any and all ideas are appreciated.
Thanks
Geek

geekmacdaddy

Bump City (Tower of Power '77)

neiltheseal

Quote from: geekmacdaddy on May 01, 2023, 06:07:59 PM
Hey Ya'lls
I'm getting signal into that "stress" LED, but no sound when blend is all the way delay...getting some analog noise (normal amount) when engaged. The beginnings of my problems start at IC3 pins 1, 2, and 3. 1 and 2 are somewhere north of 14v and 3 is jumping around. 4 is zero, 5, 6, and 7 are at 7.5, and 8 is 15.07...the A side of IC3. Any and all ideas are appreciated.
Thanks
Geek

Hey how did you go with this?

I just built the Skoolie and am having similar problems to you. My voltages on IC3 are roughly the same as yours. Pins 1 and 2 are around 14v but my pin 3 is about 0.4v.

Would be great to hear how you have gone with this and hopefully can share how you fixed it.

neiltheseal

I managed to get mine working and it sounds pretty good.

The voltage on ic3 is still off however but it works fine. Although I can't get it to go into self oscillation. I wonder if these are connected somehow.

TF2112

Having the same issue 14v on 1,2 like .4v on 3 what did you do to make yours work?

TF2112

I noticed something else strange. If I clip to ground with my dmm and check pin 1 of IC3 it is at 14volts. If I touch my meter lead to the upper leg of capacitor 14 it goes to zero and slowly ramps back up to 14.37 volts. Pin 3 of IC3 is at 800mv.

neiltheseal

Quote from: TF2112 on September 15, 2023, 05:59:45 PM
Having the same issue 14v on 1,2 like .4v on 3 what did you do to make yours work?

Hey. I did nothing special. I went through the schematic checking continuity with each part and that I used the correct parts.

I think I had an ic backwards and an electrolytic capacitor the wrong way.

Worth the effort. Love this pedal. Even got it to self oscillate by playing with the trimpots.

jimilee

Woohoo! Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.