News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Removing powdercoat from the inside of Tayda enclosures

Started by Invertiguy, May 05, 2023, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invertiguy

It goes without saying that Tayda's drilling, powdercoating, and UV printing options were a game changer for the DIY pedal scene, and now that I've figured out Illustrator I have been taking full advantage of it. While I don't have many real complaints, I have noticed that quite a bit of powdercoat tends to end up on the inside of their enclosures, particularly around any drill holes, which poses a bit of an issue when it comes to establishing electrical connectivity at the input jack for shielding. How are you all getting around this? So far I've just been sanding/filing away the excess powdercoating around the input jack hole but it's kind of a tedious and time-consuming operation, especially when dealing with multiple enclosures at once. If any of you have discovered a better method I'd love to hear it!
Doomsday Devices

Bio77

Dremel with a sandpaper-wheel-thing.  Takes 1 minute tops. 

mauman

"T-handle hand reamer" , one twist and you're done. Can also upsize holes that are slightly too small, or clean out burrs.  Good for 1/8 to 1/2 inch.
https://www.harborfreight.com/t-handle-reamer-66936.html

WonkoTheSane

+1 for dremel+sandpaper wheel. Even commercial effects get this issue.

Remove the powdercoat from the screw holes in the bottom plates too so you get a good shield.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.