News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Fuzz Duo

Started by wefunk222, May 19, 2023, 02:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wefunk222

Madbean,

I would like to make a VFE Fuzz Duo. I see this pedal in the shop list. Do you have a PCB for this pedal?

Thank you!

madbean

Yes, there are plenty in stock. You can order directly from the Projects page. It's a great fuzz.

wefunk222

I am about to start building the Fuzz Duo.
When it comes to the switching board. I understand this instruction, when the switching board gets wired to the main board. "For single supply rail (+9v only such as the FuzzDuo, Distoriton3, AlphaDog, etc) the same
wiring is used except you will not wire the V- pads on the switching board or VFE PCB (orange
wire).
This part of the instructions I need help with. "Start by populating your components for the particular switching scheme you need
for your VFE build. This is for a single supply circuit so I have left the charge pump
and associated electrolytic caps empty"
I am not sure of what the requirements of the Fuzz Duo are in relationship to the switching board. I am not knowledgeable  enough to know by reading the schematics. If I were to populate the switching board with all the components show in the Values diagram including the correct diode for the over current for the Fuzz Duo would I be ok. I am not sure which parts on the switching board
the Fuzz Duo needs or does not need.
Thank you!