News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Danelectro Nifty Fifty: Schematic or trace?

Started by vizcities, May 26, 2023, 05:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vizcities

I've been on an SS preamp tear and, in my "travels," came across this tweedy, late '90s sleeper practice amp. No schematics found just yet, but the circuit looks simple enough from what I can gather - just a handful of resistors and caps, a couple TL072s, a plastic switched input, and an amp IC (possibly a TDA2030?) with a big honking heat sink. (The IEC on the back does suggest it takes bipolar power, as is fairly common in the preamp world.) Anyone familiar with this thing? It's out of production, but sounds great. Is anyone willing/able to trace it? If so, I'll happily hack together a PCB and/or vero layout.

jwin615

Some good photos in this thread, just to add to the conversation...
https://www.tdpri.com/threads/danelectro-nifty-fifty-mods-pots.555861/

Doesn't look like it would be that hard for one well practiced.

vizcities

Good pull! The shot of the back of the PCB is a bit cut off, but I'll still see if I can figure out a working PCB diagram from these pics over the weekend.

gordo

I worked on a few a number of years ago and thought they were nice sounding little amps.  I'll see if I have a scheme.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

vizcities

gordo

Damn, sorry.  I could have sworn I have info but no such luck.  Repairing them typically involves replacing/resoldering jacks and pots, or replacing the IC so it's pretty straight forward.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?