News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

James Tyler Guitar... Any madbeaners use it?

Started by fair.child, May 27, 2023, 05:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

As the title says, does Anyone have it? I want to get some inspiration; especially their vomit or shmear finish.

I also want to know your opinion about the guitar. The good, the bad, the schmo, and bring back the 80's tone

jimilee

James who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Always wanted one of the Variax versions.  Seems to me the necks are a love it or hate it shape.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jwin615

Quote from: gordo on May 27, 2023, 06:34:44 PM
Always wanted one of the Variax versions.  Seems to me the necks are a love it or hate it shape.
Like a Wizard II?

fair.child

Yeah, the Variax is a one-in-a-kind guitar. It can do almost every sound you can imagine (Baritone, drop tuning, etc)

I think I meant to ask about the production guitar like Studio Elite, Classic, Ultimate Weapon, Tylerbaster, or Mongoose. It's an expensive guitar for sure

fair.child

Quote from: jimilee on May 27, 2023, 05:59:34 PM
James who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, Jimi, James Tyler, Jimi... James Tyler lol

Quote from: jwin615 on May 27, 2023, 07:26:12 PM

Nah, it's more classic standard 59-shape Fender
Like a Wizard II?

Aentons

I had the acoustic variax 700 for a while. The build quality was really great, the sounds coming out of it were underwhelming.

WonkoTheSane

Nope, I can't get over the headstock design and don't really want a pre-amp in my guitar. For the money I'd buy a Suhr or Anderson.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

gordo

They're in that stratosphere price range.  I'm a fathead strat fan so I kinda like the monster peghead and "screams for attention" logo.  I've never played one so can't
comment on shape but heard they could be polarizing.  My Yamaha Tabor has kind of an Ibanez-ish feel to it thats taken me a while to grok but it's become my go to.
Gordy Power

gordo

Gordy Power

fair.child

Quote from: WonkoTheSane on May 28, 2023, 09:20:05 AM
Nope, I can't get over the headstock design and don't really want a pre-amp in my guitar. For the money I'd buy a Suhr or Anderson.

It tends to hold value thou for James Tyler, don't you think? I get it Suhr and Anderson also are nice guitars. Actually, I like the Demeter, I tend to use it to mid-boost my tone for a clean break up a bit. I just don't have a drive pedal on my chain. Idk, I think it's preference for sure

Quote from: gordo on May 28, 2023, 11:19:22 AM

Tyler build quality is superb.

Yeah, I agree with this. It is the nicest guitar I've ever had. I only have one Black Huff and I can tell it is well crafted guitar.

Quote from: WonkoTheSane on May 28, 2023, 09:20:05 AM

It does have its own sexiness I guess  :D  ;D

Quote from: Aentons on May 28, 2023, 09:05:15 AM
I had the acoustic variax 700 for a while. The build quality was really great, the sounds coming out of it were underwhelming.

I didn't know that they made the acoustic version. Interesting

lars

The JT headstock looks like it should have, "Do Not Duplicate" engraved on it. I swear you could put that key into a giant lock somewhere and open some kind of guitar secrets!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gordo

I had a chance to buy a Variax acoustic and although it played really well, I agree with an above post: the sound was totally underwhelming.  I was really bummed as I've had good experiences with Variax gear.  I own the lowly 300 and have played it enough that the saddles needed replacing.  Saddles are LR Baggs so parts are still available.
Gordy Power