News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Here's me and my dad

Started by madbean, May 28, 2023, 11:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I usually don't get into personal family stuff here but I want to post this pic. Here's me and my handsome dad way back when. Respect the mustache. Respect the wallpaper, haha. Dad passed away earlier this week one day before his 76th birthday so I'd like to honor him because he's 1/2 of the reason I am. He's maybe 25 or 26 in this pic and had already been to Vietnam. He was a good person.

jimilee

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that, many condolences buddy. He'll always be with you wherever you are. I'm not close to my dad, but I was my brother. It's something you don't ever get over, but you do have to figure out the new normal. I still have impulses to pick up the phone and text or call my brother. I suspect that will never go away. This is part of the new normal. Just know your extended family is here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Sorry to hear it, Brian. You have my condolences also. Good men, and good dads, are a treasure to those in their lives. Glad you have one, too.

WonkoTheSane

Sorry to hear that, my condolences. Lost my dad to cancer back in 2011.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

pickdropper

My condolences, Brian.  I'm really sorry for your loss.

Man, I can definitely see a bit of you in your Dad's face.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Mich P

blackhatboojum

Man.  Sorry to hear that Brian 😢.  My condolences.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

midwayfair

Sorry for your loss, Brian.

gordo

Sorry for your loss Brian, and thanks for sharing.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Sorry for your loss, Brian.  That is a great pic, thanks for sharing.

Thewintersoldier

Condolences for your loss Brian. :'(
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Sorry for your loss, everything about that picture is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing it, you are right it is an incredible stache!

madbean

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Headed out tomorrow for a few days. I'm already anxious to get back and get back to work. It's nice to love your job, even when you sometimes don't.

matmosphere

Condolences Brian, that's terrible news. Take care of yourself and your family.

derevaun

Oof, sorry to hear that. Loss is a kind of insanity. At least we're built to survive it.