News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Effects Layouts Truth Bender

Started by danfrank, June 22, 2023, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danfrank

Hi Everyone,
I bought some PCBs from Effects Layouts and one of them was the Truth Bender which is basically a clone of the Fuzz Bender. For a modern fuzz, the Fuzz Bender is great! It has the sounds of a Tone Bender style 60s  germanium fuzz with the added versatility of very effective tone controls and a "bias" control that sets how sputtery you want the fuzz to sound.
I also have an original Fuzz Bender and had to take it apart to find out what specs the Ge transistor inside has.
It's an NPN Japanese Ge transistor with a hfe of around 117 and a leakage of 1.08ma! You read that right, 1.08 milliamps! So this is a great project for all those leakey trashcan bound transistors.
The two silicon transistors have an hfe of 150-200 each. It tried a couple of 2N3903s with an hfe of around 50-60 each in these locations and the 150-200 hfe transistors sounded better.

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

jjjimi84

jessenator

danfrank

Hi David,
By chance will you be restocking the out of stock boards on your site? I hope so.

storyboardist

Quote from: danfrank on July 05, 2023, 01:19:49 AM
Hi David,
By chance will you be restocking the out of stock boards on your site? I hope so.

Just put in an order with the fab house that should cover everything that's out of stock yesterday. Should be stocked back up in a couple weeks.
Guy behind Effects Layouts