News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ego Driver + Super Hard On

Started by Battery Acid, January 04, 2012, 06:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battery Acid

Well, I don't know what's going on with me, for all my life I found the OCD a dull overdrive, but decided to give it another shot, and, damn, I gotta say I'm really impressed this time! And there's an SHO in front of it, to give a little gas for solos!

The IC is an OPA2134, and I think it's part of the reason for this mofo sound so good!
Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

nzCdog

Nice... :)
I like the finish... is that a smallbear polished enclosure?

Battery Acid

Thank you! The enclosure was actually bought from a chinese dealer (http://www.chinadaier.com/)... the website is very hard to understand, but if I remember it right, there's a "translate" button somewhere. They're a factory that makes not only enclosures, but switches, knobs, jacks, all that stuff that we diyers love, and believe me, it's CRAZY CHEAP. They don't sell very small quantities, and because of that I just bought from them 3 or 4 times, but never had any kind of problem, and the online suport is just great. The crappy cellphone picture doesn't help at all, but I sanded the whole surface of the enclosure and then brushed it with an iron brush (I don't have a clue 'bout how it's called in english, hahaha, but think of a brush made of steel). I think I should put some clearcoat over it, because it doesn't look so great now (I did that finishing about 2 weeks ago), so if I decide to do it again, I'll post new (and hopefully better) pics of it!
Well, that's it! Cheers!

Roctopus

Love the transparent knobs! Are those clear shaft pots? They look like solder lug. Then only ones I've found are pc mount. Where did you get them?

Battery Acid

Thank you! The pots are the "usual everyday normal boy" 16mm alpha. I actually got the clear shaft pots, but I think they would make a small pedal with in-line pots look like a chirstmas tree, so...