News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nordic Metal 2.0-GCI New MT-2

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 12, 2023, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

After the incident with the pcbguitarmania Nordic metal I had built I will not be using them again. I already had to fix the gain pot they had working in reverse. After months of use, I stepped on it and it did nothing. So I went to troubleshooting. After audio providing I got to the second opamp and the first half passed signal. The second half was DOA. The board is so packed and the layout so shitty that the whole second half of the opamp was now connected to ground. 🤦😑🤣

I did what I should have done in the first place...I ordered the God city instruments new mt-2 board. I pulled all the components I wanted from the old board and got to work. This time I used the W taper pots in the original boss pedal for the EQ section. The pcbguitarmania board also had many unnecessary components because they clearly don't know how to comprehend the boss schematic and what belongs to the flip flop bypass.

This one sounds better and completely awesome. I loved the original graphics so I redid them but this time in a more accurate OG metal zone color scheme. Also this time is some added sound clips. The first is how I would use the pedal. The second was a total joke 🤣 I said what the least metal thing I could play of the top of my head with a metal zone 🤡🤡🤡.

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Man, I love it, very nice. I'm envious of your Boss collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Woo!  Chugging tones... sounds and looks toppen  8)

gordo

What a great demo.  I've never got on with metal distortions, so I'm one of the ones that gives them a bad name... ::)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jessenator

I'll echo Corey, that's hella chuggy!

Not familiar with this build, but I'm guessing those unused switches are for switching clipping pairs, yeah?

Nice work as always, Chris!

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on September 12, 2023, 07:56:40 PM
Man, I love it, very nice. I'm envious of your Boss collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jimi, just start building lol that's what I did

Quote from: nzCdog on September 12, 2023, 10:51:46 PM
Woo!  Chugging tones... sounds and looks toppen  8)
Thank you, and that's with a clean fender and telecaster

Quote from: gordo on September 12, 2023, 11:11:15 PM
What a great demo.  I've never got on with metal distortions, so I'm one of the ones that gives them a bad name... ::)
I don't see it as a metal distortion, just a distortion. like all pedals, just another tool to make sounds with.

Quote from: jessenator on September 13, 2023, 12:18:03 AM
I'll echo Corey, that's hella chuggy!

Not familiar with this build, but I'm guessing those unused switches are for switching clipping pairs, yeah?

Nice work as always, Chris!
the soft clippers IMO are pointless inthis circuit. the LED hard clippers are ok but I wanted just stock can o' bees tones haha
Who the hell is Bucky?