Started by point.blank, January 05, 2012, 02:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

point.blank

okie doke...

(I apologise in advance for the essay)

first things first, i own a guitar and bass,
however my preference is bass
im really getting into the idea of making some pedals :D
and after researching loads for the past week im glad i found this site along with freestompboxes dot org, and many other threads forums etc
loving the bean for his time and effort
and im up for doing some and eager to start on something. using this site im thinking of attempting the SABERTOOTH....
i intend attempting others eventually.

But here's my question...s

i nearly thought !@#$ this and gave in to the behringer bass effects (i even looked up rehousing them, cause im a sucker for the metal enclosure style! but then changed my mind again)
im gonna stick with it and go DIY!

so which pedals would be bass friendly?
and this includes like pedal kits or whatever

cheers

djaaz

Hi, welcome.
Though i'm brand new myself.

I share your question: a friend of mine had a behringer chorus pedal that he liked enough but it died on him.
I was thinking about building him a new chorus such as the zombie chorus or the little angel one.
But i have no idea how it will sound.

I would love some feedback from the gurus to adapt the existing most famous diy layouts for bass.

point.blank

awesome!
i just had a look at those two on the old you tube they bot seem pretty cool!

mjcyates

I built this for my bass player friend it works well for him. It is the tonepad ross compressor, madbean faultline overdrive, madbean road rage, and madbean pork barrel chorus.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1822.0

dwstanford

I second the faultline.  It's a wicked bass overdrive.  That and the sabertooth are pretty much the only bass effects i use.

point.blank

man tht snowjob is b.e.a.u.tiful!

and i thought about tht one dwstanford, i saw someone mention that one on here somewhere