News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Custom Aquaboy + Boost

Started by Bio77, December 10, 2023, 07:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

This was a special build for me.  I few years back, Spotify turned me onto the band Plague Vendor and I became a big fan.  I haven't been a fan of a band to this degree since I was in high school in the 90s.  So, it's been a lot of fun.  Anyways, I got the opportunity to meet the band after their show a few months back.  Talking with the guitarist I offered to make him a pedal. 

He currently uses a MXR Carbon Copy for a slap back delay on lead parts.  He said that the CC was a little clean for his taste.  Also, he used to use a boost at the same time but ditched it because it was difficult to turn both on at the same time.   So, I thought a DM-2 with a boost would be a good alternative.   

Luckily, I had two built up Aquaboys in my stash.  I chose the JFET boost Barry had GPCB. I just had to move the feedback pot with some offboard wiring.  Needed to shoehorn everything, but it worked.  I might want to do a layout for a utility board at some point but this worked well.  The graphic are no-film but I used a paint marker on the label to block in the white.  Enclosure is mint green from Tayda.

benny_profane

Awesome build and story! I'm sure he'll dig the pedal!

zombie_rock123

Amazing looking build in and out! Love the graphics, the white finishes it perfectly.

Getting into a band in a big way post teenage years is such a pure pleasure, it's so cool you got to make a pedal for the dude!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jessenator

I like it, story and all! Nice work on concealing it all beneath the board. Looks super clean.

Aleph Null

This looks great! The labeling is really crisp for paint marker; you must have a very steady hand. Did you need any extra washer or two on foot switch to get enough clearance?