News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anamorph

Started by gordo, December 15, 2023, 12:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Admittedly I'm jumping the gun here a bit but just got this populated as a PIF comes in that Brian started over at PedalPCB (thanks for doing that).  It's a bit early but I really like this beast and I have a constant love/hate with BBD delays.  With only a quick calibration this one doesn't display the dreaded "GKKKK" on the low end that I'm used to.  The LFO is very very musical and the top end on this thing is very nice indeed.  I need to work on the clock.  Of course I didn't socket C45, why would you need to?  I got a topper of 8.5 kHz with the stock 240pF cap.  I removed it and replaced it with sockets.  I've been doing this too long to miss this opportunity to get it right the first time.  So far I'm finding 100pF to give me a comfortable 16kHZ range and can easily dial it back.  I'm comfortable with boxing this beast and getting it dialed in once it's stable.

Well done Bean, I like this damn thing.  Stompbox parts was above and beyond as usual with their stuff and the delays were preformed enough that they might pre-test these buggers?  I dunno, they seemed to slide right into the sockets.  I got a kickin green sparkle box to put this in from them so looking forward to presenting it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Glad your initial impressions are positive. I didn't mention this yet but after I released the doc and right when I had everything hooked up to do my demo last week, I found my calibration had drifted. Not sure why, but BIAS2 had gone out of whack. So, I did a quick turn to get everything back to normal so I could do my demo. Anyway, my point in mentioning this is that I had listed my clock setting as around 10.5kHz in the doc. When I sat down and listened through earphones I realized I did indeed have some aliasing on the longest delay setting. And, after a quick recording and checking the timeline on my DAW I found that my clock setting was giving off something like 700ms of delay! Too much for this circuit. So I dialed it back to around 575-600ms and that worked out perfect.

I think I will go back and do a proper scope calibration soon and report my findings, if any.

gordo

I think in the release doc you listed about 14kHz.  I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it but 100pF gave me enough wiggle room to nail just about anything.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: gordo on December 15, 2023, 02:07:19 AM
I think in the release doc you listed about 14kHz.  I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it but 100pF gave me enough wiggle room to nail just about anything.
I also went through clock frequency modding as well. I totally agree that this will s the analog delay that all others will be compared to. I plan on doing a sound clip as well this weekend. Can't wait to see what you did with your enclosure Gordy!
Who the hell is Bucky?