News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric-fx Fat 32-Boss FT-2

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 02, 2024, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I'm still not building and getting thru the back log of builds I've finished but not yet posted. After a rough COVID battle and a stressful work/holiday gauntlet I'm attempting to get back in the groove. Here is a fantastic envelope filter from the late 80s. The Boss FT-2 dynamic filter is a VCA based filter that is the best filter I've used in a long time.

The build uses stacked boards and has an optional expression out for use with an expression pedal in manual mode for a more traditional wah experience. I opted to skip the jack because I would never use it. I was lucky to help do research on this simultaneously with the panacea boards and it was a lot of fun and a good Learning experience, being the boss guy has it's perks  The build is very simple and well thought out. How's it sound?

This is a very nice filter. It gives the smoothest and most consistent vocal like wah sound. Unlike the mutron or other filters, this doesn't have that distorted, synthy sound that feels like the decay wants to give out. It's more polite but that means it's more useable. The range of the knobs is great and means there is no unusable sounds and it's very intuitive to dial in. Also this has the best down envelope, and I hate down lol.

I went with a matte black enclosure with tayda UV print. I went with Armin Zola for the enclosure design. I also used a szukalski relay for the bypass. A very fun build that I will hopefully be able to incorporate into my playing as I traditionally struggle with this type of effect. So go build one.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

I was going to make some joke about building progress and Zola's "stalling" line from the film, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better, bud. Didn't catch the 'rona but had my own medical to deal with, so I completely get the struggle. Hope the new year brings you good fortune and health.

Synth-adjacent stuff is intriguing. I think I've been so confident in my "I know what a filter sounds like" (and anything else that appears synth like) mentaitly I've never looked into something like this for guitar.

You're always pushing my effect lexicon to broader definitions.

Great build and report, sir.

zombie_rock123

Those guts are crazy clean and I'm digging the artwork. Reminds me of Max Headroom ;D
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jessenator on January 02, 2024, 02:41:23 PM
I was going to make some joke about building progress and Zola's "stalling" line from the film, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better, bud. Didn't catch the 'rona but had my own medical to deal with, so I completely get the struggle. Hope the new year brings you good fortune and health.

Synth-adjacent stuff is intriguing. I think I've been so confident in my "I know what a filter sounds like" (and anything else that appears synth like) mentaitly I've never looked into something like this for guitar.

You're always pushing my effect lexicon to broader definitions.

Great build and report, sir.
Thanks Christian, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with this one.

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on January 03, 2024, 10:27:09 AM
Those guts are crazy clean and I'm digging the artwork. Reminds me of Max Headroom ;D
Thanks Lucas, I'm always going for that pickdropper level of clean!
Who the hell is Bucky?