News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler with Mods

Started by FilthyK782, January 07, 2012, 01:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthyK782

My most recent build and again using a Madbean mangler PCB for the Fuzz face type pedal. I saw that someone had made some modifications on other posts so tried a few myself. Firstly the bias I wired into a 22K pot so that I can play around with the bias anytime. This seems to work quite well. I then replaced the C3 with a DPDT on on footswitch again like I did with the Grapevine and put 2 different capacitors on the Switch so that I can switch to get more top end if I want. This was enjoyable build and used some of then other suggested posts (like the 100pf ceramic cap on the input) all from other people posts so thanks to those people. The box decal is normal transfer and extra bright LED on front to finish it off. Wiring seems to be getting neater and I have started covering joints with heat sink (especially when wanted to ensure I dont mix wires I put colour heatsink over which represents the colour in the madbean build notes.) Works for me anyway. I may post some old builds later that were first attempts with very long wiring and bit shoddie builds but show how you can progress if you stick at it. thanks

Loztboy

Nice build!
What kind of pots are the volume and fuzz pots?

gtr2

Nice build.  Thanks for sharing in the journey of DIY!

Josh  :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

sgmezei

Looks great man. Cool idea putting the caps on a switch. How do you like the bias pot? Is there alot of unusable range?

jprizz

I just ordered some boards and I debated on getting this one but in the end I decided not to. This makes me regret not ordering one now.
-Josh

FilthyK782

I Used a 1K A Pot for the Fuzz and a 470K A pot for the volume (and 22K for Bias control). I find the Pot for the Bias needs to be about half way round before it starts to get a great sound. I have read some posts where you can reduce this by using resistor on the Pot but didnt want the hastle and you can fine tune it of just leave it to suit your needs. Works for me anyway and thanks for your great posts-its appreciated. Off to make harmonic perculator and see how that comes out>