News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with Carling 316PP DPDT poles

Started by TNblueshawk, March 02, 2024, 01:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

So this is a sister thread to the one I started about the wah and I thought I'd simplify it a bit. If I can figure out the poles on the Carling DPDT I can convert over to the 3PDT. I've Googled until my heart is not content. I found the data sheet but I can't locate what each pole might represent in the below pic.

Can someone help me with which pole represents what for wiring with respect to swapping this out for a 3PDT? The first pic is the current DPDT in the wah. The second pic is what a site says to convert over for a PS. In that second pic with 6 poles what does he one wire to?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pB4Q3W]
John

Micpoc

This illustration from GeoFex might help...

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Micpoc on March 02, 2024, 02:49:35 PM
This illustration from GeoFex might help...

Holy cow. Can't thank you enough Micpoc.

Now if I could figure out the 6 terminals on that old wah board my world would be complete. At least I have a starting point now.
John

lars

Just to throw a monkey into the wrench for ideas, you could also wire up the original switch the old Maestro Boomerang way, so that the wah in effect is "always on", switching between a volume pedal and wah. In volume mode, there is no tone sucking because the circuit is actually boosting the signal a little bit. Since the switch in that wiring scheme just acts as a grounding lift, the LED cathode could be connected to the same lug that grounds the capacitor to activate the wah. Again, this would be minimal mods to add features.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

TNblueshawk

Very interesting idea. Some good ideas between this thread and the other one on this way. I'll text him about it since he is on the road for a bit. Thanks Lars.
John