News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blues Junior for Marshall Class 5?

Started by ckim715, January 07, 2012, 05:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

So I am moving into an apartment next month, and I have the opportunity to trade my blues junior for a marshall class 5. Would you do it? I have to admit, the attenuation and headphone out really appeals to me, but I do also like my clean tones.
-Charlie

JakeFuzz

You're way too nice. I live in the smallest town house in the LA and I have an 85 watt fender twin  ;D

ckim715

:-X how the hell do you play that thing without getting complaints!
-Charlie

mjcyates

I personally would prefer the Blues Junior.

ckim715

I'm thinking Weber Mini Mass with headphone out and keep the blues junior. What do you guys think? :)
-Charlie

jkokura

I've played both amps, and wouldn't want either as my primary amp if I'm honest. If I were you, I'd probably keep the Blues Jr. I don't know much about the Attenuator idea.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ckim715

My primary amp is a 67 baseman. This is for jams and home practice.
-Charlie

sgmezei

I prefer the blues junior because of the cleans. A good clean pallette. But, I also get 30% off most weber products.
I don't know if they sorted them out, but I know the store I work at had a TON of problems with the Class 5's when they came out. Worth researching.

dwstanford

i would keep the blues junior also.  the class 5 sounds great, and i really like those little tube amps like that for recording.  i have a class 5, a champ, a valve junior, and a vox ac4.  all great, but they don't have near the clean tone and headroom you get from the blues junior.  also, if you plan on gigging with it, or even jamming along with a drummer, the class 5 wouldn't be loud enough.  at least in my experience.  i guess it depends on what style you're playing.

jkokura

Yikes Danny, you like the tone from small combos don't you!

I have a Vibro Champ (silverface) and if i'm honest, it's probably easy to get a straight across trade for a blue junior and it's many times a better amp. If I were you, I'd look into a silverface champ or princeton. I would like a princeton a LOT if I'm honest. Thinking about a weber build...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dwstanford

Yeah, +1 on the champ.  ive always wanted a princeton also.  my friend has a pre-cbs princeton (lucky slut) and i think it's the heaviest amp of it's size ever made!  has to be.  that little thing weighs a metric shit-ton.   ;D

ckim715

I think I've decided to keep the blues junior. See my other thread for my solution to the noise problem!
-Charlie