News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just thinking to myself...what type of pedal have you built the most of?

Started by ckim715, January 09, 2012, 09:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

between tonefx, madbean, guitarpcb, vero layouts, and a plethora of other DIY pedal resources, what have you built the most of, for personal use? Obviously, if you are running a pedal business, you build what the customer wants, but for your own enjoyment, what have you built the most of?

I realized I am a dirt junky. Of the 6 madbean layouts i've built, I have built 1 Pork Barrel. The other 5 are the Fatpants (boost) Serendipity (Zen Drive) Cosmopolitan (Screwdriver) Uproar (Riot) and Mud Bunny (Big Muff)

I need to venture out more. Thinking about building an Aqua Boy, but alas they went out of production :(
-Charlie

jkokura

Purchasing statistics and project percentages will tell us that dirt pedals are by far the most popular and common. The other stuff sells, particularly delay these days.

As for what I've built for myself to use... yikes! I don't even know. Perhaps Delay? Either that or overdrive.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JakeFuzz

Fuzz without a doubt  :D. The second would be overdrive. But I build a fuzz face almost every weekend, usually just to test little circuit changes.

mjcyates

Mostly overdrives, delays second. Mostly madbean stuff, also some tonepad.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sgmezei

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*

Jack Deville

complex circuits that take too long and often require calibration.
in short:  lots of delays, and way to many flangers.

i should really focus on making simple boosters and overdrives.
;)
Logic.  And Cats.  And logical cats.

9Lives

I love building compressors. I love to see how much I can clean up my semour duncan blackouts. I also really like the sonic stomp. Some people hate it but man.. It really polishes my sound. And of coarse dist/od. Those seem to be the funnest to experiment with

dwstanford

Its gotta be fuzz for me.  Mostly ge fuzz.  I bet i've built a hundred of them.  I will probably build a hundred more.

jkokura

Quote from: Jack Deville on January 10, 2012, 03:07:34 AM
complex circuits that take too long and often require calibration.
in short:  lots of delays, and way to many flangers.

i should really focus on making simple boosters and overdrives.
;)

Ya, but your delay and modulation pedal guts are works of art!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

raulduke

Mostly Dirt and Fuzz for me too. I always think I have built enough dirt and then another circuit comes along that piques my interest.

+1 On Devilles pedal guts and board layouts being a work of art; they are pristine from what I have seen!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I've also mostly built fuzz pedals though I like the others and am finally getting around to experimenting. Finishing the Pork Barrel was my biggest accomplishment so far though!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

GermanCdn

Overdrives by far take first place, followed by boosters, then trems, although I get the most satisfaction out of building modulation units.  Have three different delay boards on the work bench right now, so once those are complete, I'm sure I'll have the delay bug soon.

One day I'll actually have to start cutting back on the building and ramp up the playing to justify the growth rate of my pedal collection, but that won't happen anytime soon.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

lloyd17

Modulation easily followed by delay since I'm a sucker for both.

Phase, two chorus, three trems, flange and envelope filter so far with plans for an easy dual LFO modulated filter, wah shell vibe and hopefully someday a ring mod.

Delay has been echo base x2, DBD, pt-80 and currently working a dirtbag with an eye on the Aqua Boy Deluxe. Plans are forming for a deluxe 2399 build: Either a tricked out Echo Base with EQ on the repeats and effects loop or another PT-80 with Taptation/EQ/loop.