News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is my Toggle broken?

Started by Jamiroking, January 09, 2012, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

I was wondering how I could go about diagnosing a broken toggle switch. I have DPDT that I wired up for my true bypass/buffered mod on my Sunking (seen here:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3063.0

Basically, it acts like there's a loose connection and i have to tap on the toggle arm to get it in the right position. I thought it might have been one of the solder joints but I re flowed all of them and even replaced some of the wires and it still does it. I did have to bend the solder lugs with pliers at right angles to get them to fit in the build so I was wondering if it might be a mechanical problem with the toggle. I just wanted to know if there was any real way to test the switch to make sure.

sgmezei

Have you tried using a multimeter and doing a continuity test? Like with the beeping function?

It sounds like it could be defective. Do you have another to swap out?

Jamiroking

mine doesnt have a beeping function i dont think (just picked it up recently from harbor freight) I'll check though. Once I detached it, I did try to run it just with resistance and it seemed to be going to 0 pretty reliably but I don't know how much stock I can put in that since I needed like 7 hands to hold the switch, both probes, and toggle the switch. I don't have an extra and my neighborhood electronics store apparently just went out of business :( makes me feel bad for getting everything from mouser

Jamiroking

To the OP,

Yes your toggle was broken. I switched it and now it works
;D