News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hybrid delay/reverb? (EQD DM)

Started by Matt Gnarly, January 11, 2012, 10:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gnarly

I've seen a lot of reverb requests, and share the sentiment, but I also think something like the EQD Dispatch Master would be pretty rad. I think it's basically a belton brick reverb/pt 2399 delay. Sounds great in the demo vids I've heard.

Ettore_M

Hybrid reverb/delay!! That's a great idea!  ;D I haven't heard before the Dispatch Master. It sounds AWESOME! My two favourite effects in one pedal!  ;D I would love to see a project like that from madbean! And maybe with a delay-off switch...??   ??? ;)
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jkokura

http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devices/dispatchmaster.htm

Says in the description it's DSP, or in other words, it involves programming and digital effects.

Cool idea though.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JakeFuzz

I am building a double Rebote 2.5 on Vero right now. Pretty much two rebotes slapped together. I am arranging it though so the delayed signal can be mixed out of the feedback loop and goes straight into the input of the second delay stage. Using this you can set a normal delay time on the first chip, set the feedback mix to max to get a double delay and a short delay time on the second chip top give you reverberation on the first chips delays. Should be an interesting experiment, the problem with this is the total feedback is global between both the first and second chips because the mix is actually a feed-forward loop. Ill see if it turns out okay. I am also including a delay send so you can process the delayed signal before it is returned to the wet signal or the regeneration loop.

Ettore_M

" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jkokura

I need to restart hanging out over at DIYSB... Cool stuff.

IMHO, I think the new, smaller, Belton Brick is the way to go. I'm working on something.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Ettore_M

The Belton brick has PT2399s in it, doesn't it? 6 if I'm right.. Maybe we could try something like that, only with fewer PT2399s. I've seen that the more Pt2399s you use in a way like merlinb's, you get a subtler and less delay-like result.  :-\
- Culturejam

Matt Gnarly

Quote from: jkokura on January 11, 2012, 12:22:27 PM
http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devices/dispatchmaster.htm

Says in the description it's DSP, or in other words, it involves programming and digital effects.

Cool idea though.

Jacob

Dang, I didn't realize it was DSP based, but there's some interesting ideas in here nonetheless.

Mich P

The EQD Dispatch Master is Spin Semiconductor FV-1 module based.
Mich P.

jkokura

Quote from: Mich P on January 11, 2012, 03:09:19 PM
The EQD Dispatch Master is Spin Semiconductor FV-1 module based.
Mich P.

So DSP. Where did you learn that from? Have you seen some guts? I'd be interested...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Ettore_M

Jacob, I don't know if this would be any help, but I "took" a guts picture from a demo by JetCityMusic.. This thing uses SMDs. If only we could see what chips are these.. Hope you understand.  ;)
- Culturejam

jkokura

To me, it looks like the top left is a op amp of some sort, and the large one to the upper middle is likely the FV-1 (engine of the DSP). The two at the bottom could be quad op amps, or perhaps one is an inverter for bypass switching of some sort. Without being able to read the print we can't really know for sure. What's interesting is that all the rest of the components seem to be through hole and not SMD. That's strange to me. I say go one way or the other!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Mich P

Yes i have seen the inside.
Top left is memory chip 24L032A
just under is 3,3V regulator
Large one the FV-1
Down left CD 4049UBM
Down right TL074C.
Mich P.