News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Micro Synth

Started by pickdropper, January 13, 2012, 08:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

The part of the circuit that's always really interested me is the Filter section anyway. The Octave stuff is cool, but I use a POG for that now and it's a bit better at I think.

More rare, and certainly more cool than the microsynth is the Bass version I think. I'd love to have one of those.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

LaceSensor

Quote from: jkokura on January 17, 2012, 05:00:23 PM
The part of the circuit that's always really interested me is the Filter section anyway. The Octave stuff is cool, but I use a POG for that now and it's a bit better at I think.

More rare, and certainly more cool than the microsynth is the Bass version I think. I'd love to have one of those.

Jacob

Dont quote me but its apparently only a small number of part subs to convert either to the other

Scruffie

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 17, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
Quote from: jkokura on January 17, 2012, 05:00:23 PM

Jacob

Dont quote me but its apparently only a small number of part subs to convert either to the other
Yup, i'll quote you  :P

That's correct to the best of my knowledge.
Works at Lectric-FX

the3secondrule

I've done the mod - and can confirm it is a s simple as 4 parts. the bass version seems to track better on guitar too.

I'll have to dig up my notes, i found the mod on another forum, but the part numbering was different between the bass synth schem, and the micro synth PCB, so it did take a little bit of tracing.

I also modded my synth for true bypass, and wired the power LED as an indicator for bypass / effect

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

the3secondrule

here you go:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7502&hilit=micro+synth&start=40#p119399

"There seems to be some incorrect information around ...
According to the factory schematic, the following parts need to be changed for the bass-version:
C6=2u2 (1u)
C7=1u (0.47u)
C8=0.1u (0.056u)
R62=12k (2k2)"

got the schem around here somewhere as well...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"